VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a couple of persimmons that i got at the grocery store the other day. they were a good price and i have never tried one before.

only problem is...i dont know how to cut them or what part to eat lol can anybody give me some tips for this??

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dang. I've never had a persimmon. That looks *YUMMYYYYY*

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Looks so good. I must buy if I see them at the vegetable stand.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Only had them once. Insanely sweet. Like really really sweet. I just waited till they were soft and ate the the flesh but not the skin

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking at things you can make with them and the big three are bread, cookies, and cake lol they look good tho, but i need to let the ones i have ripen a bit more before trying them, thanks everybody

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

I used to live in a house with a persimmon tree. I didn't know what type of fruit it was or how you were supposed to eat it. One day I picked one and took a bite out of it, which caused my tongue to have an uncomfortably furry feeling the rest of the day. I then decided to find out what it was and make sure my tongue wasn't about to fall off. Turns out you weren't supposed to eat them until they were ripe.

Moral of the story....don't take a bite out of mystery fruit you pick from a tree.
I've done that too. It was a horrible feeling. As soon as I bit into it, it was like all the moisture was sucked out of my mouth and throat. I couldn't swallow or produce enough saliva to spit. I thought I was having an allergic reaction. It scared me off persimmons.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts