VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going camping with a bunch of omnis and they have asked me to make veggie kebabs to barbeque. Any ideas for what would be the best to make for camping? We will have a cooler with ice but no refrigeration. We are going tent camping, not RVing. I was thinking zucchini, peppers and onions, marinated in???

·
Registered
824 Posts
pinapple too! I like BBQ sauce

·
Registered
221 Posts
This might be too late or not important, but I went camping with my omni family last weekend. We grew up on "foil dinners" where you get a piece of foil, put a turkey patty at the bottom, season it with salt and pile on veggies (we always do canned carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and green beans for simplicity). Well this was my first veg*n trip. I brought a portobello mushroom marinated in ginger chili sauce. Then piled on my veggies. Closed the top. And but it on the BBQ. It was fantastic! I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

Oh and I agree, pineapple is great bbq'd, as are grape (or cherry) tomatoes. Oh the options are endless!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade903 View Post

This might be too late or not important, but I went camping with my omni family last weekend. We grew up on "foil dinners" where you get a piece of foil, put a turkey patty at the bottom, season it with salt and pile on veggies (we always do canned carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, and green beans for simplicity). Well this was my first veg*n trip. I brought a portobello mushroom marinated in ginger chili sauce. Then piled on my veggies. Closed the top. And but it on the BBQ. It was fantastic! I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

Oh and I agree, pineapple is great bbq'd, as are grape (or cherry) tomatoes. Oh the options are endless!
Well its not to late for me! I have 2 more camping trips this summer! Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Awesome, I'm glad it helps you! I used to think I didn't like mushrooms, but man am I addicted now! LOVE them!
It's so refreshing when you realize you don't even miss the dead animal. It was a mini victory for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts