VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old school Sony Mavica camera....like <i>really</i> old school. So old it uses floppy discs! Is it so ancient that it's pretty much useless? I was going to donate it to the thrift store but I was just curious if it's something photographers would be interested in? Should I offer it to photographers and post it on Craigslist or just drop it off at the charity shop?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
As far as I know, it's pretty much useless without a computer with a floppy drive. I would keep it.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I would post it on Craigslist, to see if anybody was interested. If nobody responds after awhile, donate it to the thrift store?

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
You can get a USB floppy drive for a PC for around $25. Not sure if it also works with Macs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know what model you have, but they aren't going for much on ebay either... at least, not right now. Personally, I would keep it... but I'm a camera collector.<br><br>
Actually, if you don't want to keep it and are willing to ship it to me... I might take it... (Shipping on it will probably cost over $10 though... and the camera probably isn't worth more than 5, so it's probably more worth it to offer it up on Craigslist for locals)

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
If you really don't want it donate it to a camera museum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts