VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
you couldn't make this simple could YOU? I have no idea. Anecdotally, I know several sets of twins who did not hold their exact same weights throughout their lives. Obviously that was due to their difference in caloric intake or activity/inactivity levels.

From the other thread, I don't know what to tell a person who says they've tried everything, and the whole calorie in vs out doesn't work for them. It did and still does for me. If someone has metabolic syndrome, that too will also have an effect on the ease of ability to lose weight.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I will absolutely agree with you on the sugar intake for myself also, but I'd have to add extra added fats along with it. When I went on the very low fat Esselstyne way of eating, including no refined sugar, I dropped 4 lbs almost immediately, then it tapered off and stabliized. I believe my caloric intake is sufficient to prevent further weight loss w/o cutting calories. Currently, I'm 42, 5'4, and between 128-130 lbs. I weigh myself every day, just to monitor what the normal fluctuation is. when I look at myself in front of a mirror w/o clothes on, I think I look pretty good. Then I see pictures of myself clothed, and I'm like-frig- I have at least another 10lbs to lose! I'm sure I have body dismorphic disorder when I look at myself. I'm ok with that- no eating disorders here.

So anyway, I can honestly say, that for me, when I decide to get serious about toning back up and maybe losing a few more pounds, that will be in the gym. I don't do much exercise in the summer unfortunately, as my hubbs and I ride motorcycle instead of hiking on days off together. Looking forward to the gym and classes again this fall and after he gets transferred with his job. (We'll be living apart for a few yrs while my daughter finishes college here). When I get burning those extra calories, the weight will come off.

So, Nomad, how old are you out of curiosity? I'd imagine when you get out of active duty, lifestyle changes will be in order. I still can't believe you eat that much percentage of fat in your diet! That astonishes me!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
ugh...I feel sluggish! We ate at Chili's tonight- we were out on a long motorcyle ride today, and frankly we were really hungry.....too much guacamole in the app and then more with the fajitas (mine was veggie only)

nomad, I'm glad to hear you're changing your diet....I wouldn't want you having a MI at 42!

papyamon....so...did you get that workout in afterall? i can't do more than 35 minutes...my feet start tingling

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'm going walking! It's a beautiful morning here today!
have a good one you guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts