VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling All Hamsters - Week #31 Ending 8/2/03

Week #32

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The VeggieBoards Hamster Club is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

The Hamsters rock!
Let's keep it up!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
ok....another week. lets try this again. last week was not too great but......

this week:

i WILL work out AT LEAST 3 times

i WILL drink water EVERYDAY

i WILL keep my food journal

i bought a pedometer and i'm going to try using it as well

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Yay, a new week!
I was going to wait until the new week started to start posting here. Um... hi *peeks head in* It's been thought that it might be bad for me to keep up with this thread, but I want to give it a try. If I start to get out of hand (the Eat to Live folks know what I mean -- negative about myself or competitive or anything like that), feel free to give me a whack or two.

Okay, so tomorrow I'm going to go get a membership at the gym (yay!) and for this week I'll say I'm going to go to the gym every day that I don't work (I think work AND working out would kill me
), and the days I do work, I'm going to walk either to or from.

woohoo *excited*

Oh yeah and sandie -- what's a pedometer?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mayuko!
Pedometers are fun... I just got one a couple weeks ago.

Okay, since last week was my worst hamster week in a long time, I need to be extra good this week. Here are my goals:

Today: Running around Disneyland. That counts.

Monday: run, weights, ballet

Tuesday: dance 3 hours

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: run, speed training, weights, yoga

Friday: crosstraining of some sort, weights, yoga

Saturday: distance run, yoga, pilates

Have a great week, hamsters!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
40 minutes on the elliptical machine and 60 crunches. Have a great week everyone!

I always wanted a pedometer, I love measuring things and my workouts are no exception- I need to see if my dad has one that I could borrow - he is the gadget king.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I visited a women's fitness center a few days ago, and I'm going to sign up tomorrow (Anyone heard of Curves? There are about 6,000 locations, but I never heard of it until recently). My plan is to work out 3 times a week. I already take stairs (both up and down) at work whenever I can, as opposed to taking an elevator. I have a super-stressful full-time job and a really enjoyable part-time job, so my time is limited. I tend to eat when I'm stressed, but I've been working on that, and I hope the workouts will contribute significantly in that area. Perhaps I don't qualify as a hamster yet, but maybe when I start working out?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yesterday was a warm day - perfect for swimming so I swam for 35 mins.

Question: I'm going back to my homeland for a month next week (yay! and boo! at the same time) and staying with my parents. What can I do to keep fit i.e just to maintain health?

Note: I really don't like jogging and there is no pool in close proximity. I'm thinking of jumping rope (but I tire out so quickly!) and there is a "Power-Rider" in my house so maybe I can use that for 20 mins 3 times a week?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey hamsters! Thank goodness it's a new week! The last one ended terribly for me because I ended up getting a stomach bug and basically didn't do any form of exercise Thurs, Fri, or Sat. Today I plan on doing 70 minutes of yoga to get back into the groove.

Happy hamsterin'!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Okay, so I didn't walk to or from work today, but I would have been super-late if I walked to there, and it was dinnertime when I left and I just wanted to get home and have my pizza!

Work was strenuous enough though @[email protected];;

But I start at the gym tomorrow!
Here's hoping my shoes are acceptable "athletic shoes" so I don't have to go buy new ones just to work out
I hate shoe shopping, what with 99% of the selection at most stores being made with leather...

Sandie - one or the other works for me, we can count diet Coke because that will help me get my vegetable intake up too! *laughs* Actually I'm trying to cut out soda... my addiction is diet Snapple. hee.

Now where's my pedometer??

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
THE GOALS:

Monday: 50 minute run, upper body lifting

Tuesday: 45 minute spin, 3 hours in pool

Wednesday: 50 minute run, upper body lifting

Then, I go on vacation. I don't know what I will be doing, but I will try to keep hamstering.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Curves definately counts as hamstering! An unnamed hamster counts suntanning; surely you can count going to a gym!

I'm buying a pedometre on Friday. we're also getting a stationary bike, instead of the treadmill. I used to love biking, but had a couple bad accidents (a knee injury and then temporarily paralized), so I haven't been able to bike more then a couple minutes without pain. Therefore, we discussed it and thought a stationary bike would be good, as I wouldn't have to worry about having to stop; I would still be in the same spot as I started.

I also want a couple more hand weights and a strength yoga tape.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.