VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week #29

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The VeggieBoards Hamster Club is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

We just finished a great week; let's have another!

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Ok, this week I'm in and if I disappear please feel free to give me grief about it!

My goal (weather permitting) is to go riding every day this week. My usual route is just over 12 miles but there's a shorter route that's about 8 miles. So I'm shooting for 12 but if it's too hot I'll do the 8.

I'm also trying to eat more fruits and veggies and less junk. So I may comment on that throughout the week. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i still have sutures in my mouth till thursday so i don't know how active i'm going to be but i'm still doing my arm weights and i also want to have this be a *really* good eating week for me. i've been slacking off a little and that's SOOOO not good!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sandie -- you just had teeth pulled. You're allowed to pamper yourself. That's not slacking off!

Okay... I haven't posted my weekly goals in a while, but I have a feeling I'm going to be lazy this week, so I need something I have to stick to. Here's what I want to accomplish this week:

A minimum of 5 hours dance (classes start up again this week, so I'll have ballet, tap & jazz).

4 runs at at least 30 minutes each.

6 days of weights (including ab work)

6 days of yoga

1 pilates class

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
wow! i know i'm not going to be THAT active for a while! I'm still bascially a lazy person trying to move my a$$. i do intend to get out and AT LEAST walk my lunch hours and do some yoga/pilates (i got that set the other day i'm itching to try) and of course keep better rein on my eating!!! Got to start using fitday.com again

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Another unactive day here. But today at least I've got an excuse, woke up with a sore throat , and have been feeling sick all day. So yeah , I've stayed inside all day, reading and such.

Yesterday I did some walking, carrying heavy grocery bags, but not much else.

Magnificent summer day, sunny, warm , blue sky and all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey Hampsters!

Today I will be doing a total body strength training session, along with a 10 minute stretch. Depending on if it keeps raining, I'll either take a walk or intervals on the treadmill for 1/2 hour. I hope it stops raining 'cause I'd much rather be outside.

Michael, you can do it!

SandieMac & Azalea, I hope you're both feeling up to par again real soon. Until then, take care of yourselves.

Happy hampstering.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today: weights & abs

yoga

run

I just picked up Marathoning for Mortals which someone on here recommended. I'm not far yet, but it looks do-able. I'm going to stick with my normal runs until I finish the book, and then see what I'll need to change if I decide to go the marathon route.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hi Hamsters!

Mskedi, it was smaurer that recomended the book...I'd like to check it out too. Let me know what you think. Great idea! posting a goal for the week can really motivate you to meet it.

Michael, you know I'll be after you if you don't show up this week

sandie, you just take it easy till your ready to start up again.

Azalea, hope your feeling better soon!

Flower, did you get outside? It rained here in the morning but cleared and was beautiful till about 2:30...then more storms...but at least it was nice for a while. Hmm...now we have tornado warnings!

Anyway, I need to follow Mskedi's lead and post a goal for the week because I did alot more eating and drinking these last few days than I did Hamstering...naughty me!

So, here is my plan for the week:

sit-ups everyday

Mon./Tues./Thur/&Fri. 3 to 6 mile run each day

I want to get in at least 15 total in those days

at least 2 days swimming 1/2 hour of laps each

Sat. or Sun. 8 mile run

Lets have another great week Hamsters!!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Today I cleaned my room and carried a bunch of stuff down the stairs from my room to the garage, I swam a bit and we are going to take the dog for a walk. Yay!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I've been such a lazy hamster lately.

Today was too hot to go on much of a walk, but I cleaned the house, which took me pretty much all day as I've neglected it lately. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be so hot, so I'll probably go for a walk tomorrow.

My diet has been better though because of all the fresh fruit and veggies at this time of year. I can't seem to stay away from ice cream though. Oh well, I guess no diet is perfect.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I went rollerblading today like I do...pretty much every day.

This time I actually went and returned a movie to the store....hey, my hobby can be transportation too!!!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
35 minute run, 5 minutes of walking, upper body lifting, abs....hoping to get some yoga in tonight! My goal is to do yoga at least 5 days these week- it is so rewarding when I do it. Keep on me!

Great hamstering, kiddos!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well I did a bunch of crunches, sit-ups and leg lifts yesterday and not sure what I will do this evening.

I need to get back into the hamster grove...lack of motivation seems to be lingering over me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
1h20 on the treadmill (running and climbing)

60 crunches, 60 side-reaches, 60 bicycle kicks

40 push-ups

It's official: I cannot exercise on an empty stomach. Everyone has been telling me that it's better to exercise before you've had breakfast. So, I gave it a shot this morning. Never, never again. I mean, never. Today was the worst workout I've ever had. Boo.

·
Registered
0 Posts
yesterday i cycled 24 miles.

today, 54. i came back from college and went for a 17 mile ride. it's such a shame i hadnt re-set my comp cos now i dont know how long it took! but i was /flying/ (well, for me
) i felt so good! i reckon i averaged 18mph at least. along the flats i was doing 20-22mph and on short sharp hills i barely lost any speed, just got out the saddle and gave it some welly
. Lance Armstrong watch yer back wheel

p.s www.letour.fr

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i am QUEEN of lazy hamsters! unless you count jumping to conclusions as exercise. i am going to be doing some arm work today and if i can't walk for my lunch hour i WILL try out my yoga. I WILL I WILL I WILL.

at least i've been better today with my diet.......that's something right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Today, I will do running intervals for 1/2 hour on the treadmill, an hour if it rains. Otherwise, I'll walk for 1/2 hour. I'll also be putting in 10 minutes of stretching.

Keep up the great work, everyone!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.