VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
10 minutes of weights. God, I hate weights.

Yesterday was a jog/walk. To be truthful, want to die/recovering from wanting to die.

I did 40 sec jog, 2 minute walk, 40 sec jog, 1.5 min walk, 40 sec jog, 1 min walk, 40 sec jog, 5 minute walk.

My lungs still burn. I seriously thought I was going to have to pull out the inhaler.

·
Registered
0 Posts
My lungs would disagree with you!

I do have to be careful. I'm about to start a new job. The last thing I want is a lung infection and steriods.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi, folks!

I finally got back in the pool today (whoo-hoo!) and swam between 35 and 40 laps. I think I'll hop back on the bike tomorrow for a long-overdue ride, so we'll see what happens.

Happy hamstering!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
About 6 km on the bike today, 2x25 min once more. A nice ride, not too long.

I'm thinking I may go for a swim one day, either in public pool or in soon-to be (hopefully) pleasently lukewarm lake (well, not ice cold at least..)

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
After a week off to try to decipher my dizziness-issue, I'm back at the gym, and feeling good. Started a new 3-day program, today was chest/back and some time on the ellyptical.

Feels good to be back

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is a great thread. I love reading what you all do. Gives me ideas and reminds me of what I forget I could do, like biking.

Take things easy if your serious about that lung infection possibility Kristadb. I'd hate to see you seriously hurt yourself in an attempt to keep your health. Bitter irony is only funny in the movies.

I rode my dad's old exercise bike for the first time today. I used to avoid it I think just because it's so ancient. Phew. My heart rate was 20 bpm less than when run/walking, but I felt it in my legs much more than run/walking. I think I'm going to alternate running and biking days.

rigmarole

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks
I am asthmic and, if my immune system is compromised by a flu or a cold, I almost always get a lung infection or another serious respiratory infection. I try not to push myself too much. I know my limits.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hey Hamsters....

Did some laps at the cold pool today also did a three mile run this afternoon..slow cuz it was like 86 degrees and it hasn't been warm here this summer till just last weekend really....so 86 feels really hot

VegAnaconda, good to see you back at the Hamsters...whatcha been up to?

Max, good to see you back too! So did you figure out your dizzy problem? or did it just go away?

Little at a time kristadb...you'll get there

Great job all you Hamsters!! You guys are the best!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Hampsters!

Today-

1/2 hour run intervals on treadmill

1/2 hour walk

a bit of stretching

Slynny, it *is* quite hot here! It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the humidity. Too sticky!

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slynny

Max, good to see you back too! So did you figure out your dizzy problem? or did it just go away?
Thanks Slynny! The dizziness thing MAY have been a workout-related problem, but that's looking unlikely as things are going well at the gym and after. I think it was something I ate. That happened before, but not for a while, so I forgot about it...

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slynny

VegAnaconda, good to see you back at the Hamsters...whatcha been up to?

I'm cool thanks Slynny, thanks for noticing my omnipresence!!..

See you all again very soon too. As ever, I've been working out

as per whenever getting time and so on... Always bettering my routine and so on...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The Hamsters seem to be doing much better this week!

In addition to what I posted earlier, I did a ton of sit-ups, crunches, and other ab-related things. I stopped counting around 600. I keep forgetting to post about that stuff. Which reminds me, where's funkified? Wasn't she the sit-up goddess or something?

Glad you're feeling better, Max.

Sky, it's good to see you running! Flower, Slynny, Rigmarole, Azalea, Hopi, & Entresol -- great Hamstering!

Krista, you're doing fab. It will get easier!

·
Registered
0 Posts
i did get to go for a ride yesterday

i got home about 7pm and got straight out on my bike. rode 17 miles....did the first 4 in 13 mins, i was impressed

·
Registered
0 Posts
i went to the y yesterday. I did, in weights, chest and back. And I went to run but it's so hot i think my blood was boiling. but cmon, i'm such a stupid teenager, i had to stay in that room where the track is because the basketball court just happens to be there, and that's where all the boys hang out.

Ugh, I'm so stupid. Oh well.

Hey! Also, I got my license so I can go to the y wheneveeeeer I want. Which will most likely be daily, now that school is out.

I definitely need to get back into this "healthy" thing. Yesterday, all i ate was cake, ice cream, a burrito, and french fries. Not kidding.

Let's get moving!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Don't feel like much today, so did a semi-brisk 25 min walk.

I got some Flonese yesterday, though. Ahhhh it feels so good to breath again LOL

41 - 60 of 111 Posts