VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Sorry I haven't been here. Welcome to the Hamsters, Rigmarole!

I've mostly done walking lately (1 & 2 hour brisk walks) and dance rehearsals because right before shows I always feel like if I do a run I'm bound to twist my ankle or something and not be able to perform.

It's driving me nuts, though, so once I finish this post I'm off to the track to do 4 miles, and then some yoga and weights. I figure if I run on the track there's less of a chance of injury. (If I'm wrong, please don't tell me -- I really have missed running the past few days!). I'm dancing tonight, too. I should be super-healthy come 8pm or so.

Slynny -- the camping sounds fun! Kitzy -- 42 miles?!!? Amazing! CaptainSwab, Smaurer, Sky, Flower, MissAdventure.. great Hamstering!! Hopi, glad you're feeling better.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Gotta second the plead for Sky and Kitzy to wear helmets... don't make me worry about you all.

Rigmarole -- you're not alone. The last thing I want to do after exercising is eat. Usually I'll have a smoothie (of course, in the summer, I'm constantly having smoothies) or juice or a piece of fruit or something, but it takes a while before I want anything really solid. Occasionally I'm ravenous after exercising, but that's generally only if I was really hungry before I started.

Kathym -- welcome back!

Welcome, entresol!

Okay... my run was good until the very end. I was doing speed bursts the whole time, and I think I overdid it on the last lap -- I couldn't breathe! It was kinda like hyperventalating, except that it wasn't particularly fast, I just couldn't get the air to actually go into my lungs. It scared the heck out of me. I think it lasted for about a minute (it felt like it -- it was probably less) before I got my breathing down to something normal. Maybe I should stick with three miles for a while longer? Or not go too fast? My knees enjoyed the track, at least. I should probably go to the track more than the beach, really.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnaconda

You can borrow my lungs Mskedi, no problem!
Just take it easy!
Aww... that's either really sweet or really gross!
So when are you going to post about all your biking?

Sky, sorry about that. I was skimming and I caught Slynny's bit at the end -- oops! No more verbal beatings for you from me! Kitzy, on the other hand...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rigmarole

Mskedi, that sounds messed up. Has that happened before? What are speed bursts?

rigmarole
Yeah, once a while back (years ago -- before I had had to stop running because of my knee). I forgot about it until I had already posted. It was the same kind of deal -- I'd run too fast for too long a period of time. I'm thinking my heart rate just got too high. I'll pay better attention to it next time.

Someone here said the real name for that is "fartleks" (cool word). Basically, it's speed training... you run as fast as you can for a limited distance or time, and then slow to a jog for another predetermined amount of time, then run fast again, etc...

Today: weights, yoga, and dance.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The Hamsters seem to be doing much better this week!

In addition to what I posted earlier, I did a ton of sit-ups, crunches, and other ab-related things. I stopped counting around 600. I keep forgetting to post about that stuff. Which reminds me, where's funkified? Wasn't she the sit-up goddess or something?

Glad you're feeling better, Max.

Sky, it's good to see you running! Flower, Slynny, Rigmarole, Azalea, Hopi, & Entresol -- great Hamstering!

Krista, you're doing fab. It will get easier!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Corri -- congrats on the license!
Krista -- glad you're breathing again!

So far today: 20 minutes of ab-related stuff (inspired by Rigmarole's thread... glad I read that.) I know I went over 600 again, but I'm not sure by how much. Also, I did my upper body weights.

Hopefully I'll get a run in later today, but I actually have to work (!), so it depends on how soon I get that done, since tonight I must dance. Dress rehearsal is tomorrow night!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
No more running at noon for me! And a hill run, no less. I cut it short because it was way too hot. I'm not going to get a chance to run later today, though, because I've got dance rehearsals starting in an hour and then dress rehearsal late into the evening.

I'll do some pilates before bed. I'm thinking I'll skip weights today, but if I change my mind, I'll post it.

Great hamstering, everyone!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Flower... wear your helmet!!!!

Here's a public service announcement for you for inspiration:

A couple years ago I watched as a car (randomly and stupidly) swerved behind a biker. The biker was hit, flipped onto the hood (cracking the windshield) and rolled onto the pavement. Those at the scene were convinced the helmet saved his life. Trust me... with how he hit the car and how he fell, his head would have been a bloody mess at best.

I've got plenty more stories... I can post one every time you ride helmetless.

As far as my hamstering today: much dancing, and much stretching, as planned. Dress rehearsal was awful (costumes ripped, cues were off, traffic problems on stage...), so we've called even more rehearsals for tomorrow. It'll be over soon.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Cute pic, VegAnaconda.

Today: 2-4 hours of dance rehearsals (depending on how bad it is) and the show (which will include a ballet-class type warm-up before the performance).

I'll probably burn more calories stressing out in the wings than during the actual dancing!
I don't get stage fright or anything, but dress rehearsal was bad. I'll be both angry and embarrassed if it isn't clean tonight.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
The show went well tonight (thanks to hours of dance rehearsals).

Same deal tomorrow and then back to more normal hamstering activities on Monday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts