VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week #27

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The Veggies Boards Hamster Club, is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

Its a new week....let's rock!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome rigmarole! That's hamstering alright! When the hamsters started it began as a few people who wanted to support eachother in walking/running on treadmills - that's where the hamster name came from. It soon became a way we all could support eachother in any type of exercise or workout.

Today I rode my bike 7 miles and walked 3.

Smaurer, what a great ride! No way could I have gone 34 in this KS wind today! Sounds like you had a neat place to ride. You can see so much while you're riding - way more than when you're in a car. And yes, I'm starving when I get back from a long ride.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi everyone!

Great rainbowmoon! You out ran me!

I ran 2 miles, walked 1.5 miles.

Welcome entresol!

If you're like me and you get headaches when you run, here's something to try that helped me. My head was starting to pound and so I changed my breathing pattern from 2-count inhale/3-count exhale to 3-count inhale/2-count exhale which is more normal anyway. It started helping right away. I really didn't expect it to make a difference, but I feeling like I needed more oxygen. I've read that it's good to have the total count be an odd number because when you exhale you'll hit the ground harder with that first exhale so if you have a odd number count like mine totals 5, then you won't be putting that extra stress on the same foot every time.

I want to ride, but it's so windy today. Maybe this evening.

Keep on hamstering!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Kitzy, do you wear a helmet when you bike? I've had so many close call with cars, children and squirrels. It's a big relief to finally have a helmet. Now I need to find some good biking shorts, but I don't look good in those skin tight kind.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hey, I've been wearing mine!

Oh, and I rode 2 miles today. Could hardly pedal against 40 mph wind.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yea! Kitzy's wearing a helmet. Now we have to get Flower to wear one and help Bunny figure out what to do about the hair - maybe a braid or pull in back in a pony tail if it's long enough.

There were two serious biking accidents here in recent weeks. An 11 year old boy was hit by a truck. He suffered several broken bones and a head injury. He wasn't wearing a helmet. In another accident two cyclists ran into eachother at 30-35 mph and a group of I think it was 6 went down. Two people broke their clavicles. They were pretty lucky actually. Probably they were wearing helmets.

Today's workout: 11 mile bike ride

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
17 mile bike ride

Way to go slynny! I know you were disappointed, but I think you are awesome! Your hubby too!

Mskedi, I think I missed what the rehearsals are for and I take it that it's now show time. Hope the show goes great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts