VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week #27

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The Veggies Boards Hamster Club, is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

Its a new week....let's rock!!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
We went camping thurs-sat along the Kern river. It was so beautiful. Unfortuently, I haven't been doing much hamstering. We went on a few short hikes but thats about it. We did see a black bear though.
Twice! That was really awsome.

I really need to get back in the swing of things!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Hamsters!

TodayI did a 34 mile bike ride........went through the very end of Southern Maryland........went to Point Lookout - to the lighthouse. That whole area is supposed to be haunted with civil war ghosts........very cool riding! It's nice to see things you miss in your own backyard! I had a blast and was with my husband so it was extra special!

Yesterday did Pilates for an hour and tomorrow............run for 4 miles.

I have a question for all the hamsters........do you guys feel like you can't get enough food after a really hard workout?????? I feel like I could eat anything that steps in my way! GGGGRRRR - and I am trying to lose weight! Oh well - I still had a great day!

Keep hamstering!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hi Hamsters!

Back from camping, what a beautiful weekend! First camping trip in a long time that it didn't rain on us
Went on a very hilly 3 1/2 or so mile run at the park, also lots of walking and some swimming. Six miles tonight at home...it was a rough run tonight...ouch!

Flower, we went to Yellowstone Lake state park...it's west of Madison near Blanchardville...nice park, really out in the stix. There was a group of Amish or Mennenite? folks at the park picnicing...don't usually see them around...especially mixing it up in a public park? Very intriguing those folks...

Happy Hamstering people!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hehehe! smauer, after my really long runs I proceed to eat all the food in the house...and then sometimes I even go out to buy more

·
Registered
0 Posts
What do you all mean by hamster? Haven't been doing much hamstering? What does that mean? Keep hamstering?

I do 3 - 5 miles of fast walking/run-jogging most days a week. Is that hamstering? I also lift weights almost daily and stretch daily.

34 mile bike ride smaurer, that must've been awesome. I wish I had a bike. I also wish I had a nice area to ride around. The scenery kinda sucks by me. Oh well.....one day......someday.

rigmarole

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome rigmarole! That's hamstering alright! When the hamsters started it began as a few people who wanted to support eachother in walking/running on treadmills - that's where the hamster name came from. It soon became a way we all could support eachother in any type of exercise or workout.

Today I rode my bike 7 miles and walked 3.

Smaurer, what a great ride! No way could I have gone 34 in this KS wind today! Sounds like you had a neat place to ride. You can see so much while you're riding - way more than when you're in a car. And yes, I'm starving when I get back from a long ride.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hmmmm...catch up post!

friday- 42 miles on bike

sat- nought! not sure if leaping around like a lunatic at a concert counts

sun- 3.5miles bike to church and back. 2hours wall climbing. ow, my arms hurt

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey, Hamsters!

Not much "formal" Hamstering for me this weekend, but I did spend a lot of time cleaning the house, running errands (on foot
), and the like. I really can't wait to jump back in the pool, though, or hop back on my bike. With my sinus infection cleared up, I'm ready to take on the world again!
I'll keep you updated.

Have a great Monday!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Sorry I haven't been here. Welcome to the Hamsters, Rigmarole!

I've mostly done walking lately (1 & 2 hour brisk walks) and dance rehearsals because right before shows I always feel like if I do a run I'm bound to twist my ankle or something and not be able to perform.

It's driving me nuts, though, so once I finish this post I'm off to the track to do 4 miles, and then some yoga and weights. I figure if I run on the track there's less of a chance of injury. (If I'm wrong, please don't tell me -- I really have missed running the past few days!). I'm dancing tonight, too. I should be super-healthy come 8pm or so.

Slynny -- the camping sounds fun! Kitzy -- 42 miles?!!? Amazing! CaptainSwab, Smaurer, Sky, Flower, MissAdventure.. great Hamstering!! Hopi, glad you're feeling better.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Hrm... I haven't posted in a while, mostly due to the fact that I've been doing hmm.. nothing lately. Exept some walking every day, random work in the garden and such. Light stuff. Ah well...I'm not much of an excersiser , am I.... Anyway, about 2x25 min bike-ride yesterday, today niente....

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi hampsters!

well this past weekend I had a bit of a cold, so no exercising at all. I've been pretty slack about exercise for several weeks, now, so this week is my goal to really get back into it. hopefully I'll be posting more soon....

after I exercise I feel really weak and hungry and will devour anything in site! but I also drink a lot of water and that sorta fills my stomach up.

keep up the hampstering!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.