Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On behalf of CaptainSwab:

Here is the intro:

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go!

Mission: The VeggieBoards Hamster Club is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another.

Go Hamsters!!!

I'm going to continue creating a thread for three months, instead of individual months, as was done in the past.

Have fun and get sweaty!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Hopefully we'll get some more people here on this thread now that holiday season is over.

Today I'm heading out to go hiking in the mountains. Yesterday I ran 15 miles. My next marathon is in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yay! I missed this thread last year, but hope to contribute this year

I'm going on a 7 mile hike today with my husband. There's a beautiful lake by our house that you can walk around, people bring their dogs, and the weather's gorgeous!

Also planning on some sun salutations and light stretching before dinner tonight.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was a little lazy over the holidays and feel like a slug today...my 1st day back to work. I have about a 1/2 mile walk up hill every day from the train to work and I was huffi' & puffin' this morning. And I'm in shape!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
YAY! A fitness thread!

Today was a scheduled cross-training day for me, so:

Elliptical trainer, 45 min

Stretching

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I love my routine - I do the same things day after day. Hope it's not too dull to post! But I since I do exercise consistently, here goes - this morning a 4 mile run along the lake - brrrr! This afternoon a 1 mile walk with the small dogs.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
My fitness goals are: heart health, weight management, bone density maintenance, outdoor enjoyment and as time efficient as possible. What are yours?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I feel so lazy compared to all of you! Currently I do 20 minutes on the eliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I recently was able to start jogging on the treadmill, but not for extended periods of time. I run for 2 minutes and then walk briskly for 2 minutes, repeating until the 20 minutes is over. I really need to step up though because my weight loss has stalled (my fault - bad food tastes so good
). Last march I was 214 pounds and this morning I weighed in at 160. I am 5'5", so I want to get down to 135. My new goal is the end of March.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Trying to get caught up on my work, so I only had time for an hour of astanga yoga. It kicked my butt! Hopefully I can get in some more cardio tomorrow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
wow! this seems great! I hope you all can help keep me motivated. I had gotten down to 153 before both my babies, but after two kids in 13mths (oldest is 15mths, younger is 2mths) I am back up to 219. Definitely got some work to do. The only prob I have is that it is a bit too cold to go run yet and I tend to want to sleep instead of get up and exercise. Let's pray I get up tomorrow. I'm sure moving in Feb won't help either. I will be doing a slim down version of what I used to do: elliptical and a workout video (pilates, weights, etc). I am hoping to get back to running once the weather warms up (I loved it!) but have peronial tendonitis pretty bad and was told that might not be possible
just waitin for the warmer weather to give it a try since the cold seems to aggravate it. sorry for the ramble. oops, crying baby (and I wonder why I am tired, they tag team me LoL)

oh, goals: drop weight, be able to spend more time outside with the babies, and motivate hubby to do the same.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, despite working out for 40 minutes every damn day this week, I have managed to GAIN a half a pound. It could be muscle but with at least 25 pounds of pure fat to burn I wish that would go first!

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I ran this morning. I did a tape yesterday, but this morning was warm so I ran 4 miles. I've had a rotten head cold for the past couple of days, so my motivation was low, but I'm glad I did it now that it's over! I read somewhere not too long ago that you really should try to keep up your exercise routine when you have something minor like a cold. I think it's supposed to help strengthen your immune system so you can fight what's bothering you. I don't know about that, but I do feel like my head has cleared a bit.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have heard that...my mum keeps exercising thru everything and she is hardly ever sick. I usually take a walk if I feel out-even if it's just a headache and that makes me feel better. hubby wasn't a believer before about that but he is now!

Well, let's see..yesterday morning I got in upper body video and 20min on the elliptical. first was while 15mth old was sleeping and second was while infant was sleeping and 15mth old was eating breakfast..

today I did lower body videos and 20min elliptical..first while infant was asleep and elliptical with infant in pouch while 15mth old napped.

I'm going to do this everyday no matter how I have to manipulate my day.
Once it warms up I hope to start taking more walks with that cool expensive stroller I bought LoL

I would so love to be a hot mama..but no matter what i look like, hubby thinks i am one- hence we keep having babies!

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is raining this morning, so my short half mile from the train up hill to work caused me to have to run...so I got a good cardio work out this morning!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Goodness, I need to catch up!

Wed: trail running, ~2 mi or so

Thurs: 45 min elliptical trainer

Today it's back to the trail, rain and all!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah, I got a head cold today.. I think I'll just do 30 minutes of yoga. I feel so icky.

Can't wait to be better!

Goals: loose 25 pounds and just be healthier in general.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I stubbed my toe really bad 9 1/2 weeks ago and it still hurts up in my foot. I finally went to the doctor Friday and x-rays confirmed that I had not broken any bones. She thinks I may have tore a muscle in between my two smallest toes, so I am going to have to lay off cardio for a few weeks (otherwise I have to go see a podiatrist if it doesn't heal.) I guess it is a good time to work on stregthening my muscle.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.