Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Week #18

Please do all posting here and let the other thread go.

Mission: The Veggies Boards Hamster Club, is a group of fitness/health minded vegans and vegetarians who support each other in their endeavors in fitness, diet, and health. Anyone who chooses can post to this thread. There are no dues or fees, just a desire to share our efforts and support one another. Let's hear from you all!!!!

Its a new week....lets rock!!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
6 mile run.

My body felt like crap today. Wasn't sure I was going to make it through the run. I made it through but my time was terrible 1hr 12min. Grrrr. Pissed at myself. I think all the junkfood I've been eating recently has been afecting my body....

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi! Hope you had a joyful Easter!

Good workout All4You!

Nice run budda and CaptainSwab!

Rainbowmoon, what do you do in a spin class? Is it just like sounds - spinning?

Today - 2 mile walk

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello budda!

Did you time that 5 mile run? And how did the doctor visit go the other day? Well, I hope!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Hi Hamsters,

Sky! So glad to see you!!

Budda, Captian, all4you, and rainbow....you guys are rockin!

Hey Hamsters...I'm bummin
I'm back on the injured list...same leg same injury. I guess I just didn't give it enough time to heal...times running out for me because I need a lot of time to prepare for the marathon. But if I take the 2-3 weeks off, I will still have about 5 months to train, so I'm going to keep trying. I will take the time off and in the mean time I will work on strenghening and stretching and I will be taking lots of walks...SO I DON'T GO NUTS! This really stinks
But I'm determined. I will get better and I will do this!

Go Hamsters!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Sky

Hello budda!

Did you time that 5 mile run? And how did the doctor visit go the other day? Well, I hope!
Dr. thing was good Sky. I ran 10 miles sat. in 91 minutes. Today I did my 5 miler kinda slow,48 minutes. Its is good to see you!

Slynny..hang in there you got time. let it heal up. Maybe try just walking a little if that doesnt bother you. Keep it ICED!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yesterday(saturday) I did back-biceps-shoulders-abs, and died because my arms are still sore. also I did 5 minutes stair stepper, 10 minutes elliptical, and 5 minutes running.

today I did my fat burner walk video.

guess what else----I drove in REAL TRAFFIC. I'm so proud.

Happy easter/passover/spring/sunday/night.

I love you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I believe daily activites and exercise should double up
This whole working out is for the birds
In fact, even they don't work out LOL

So this is exercise, Krista style

45 minute walk to the grocery store

30 minutes lolly-gagging at the store

45 minute walk home, carrying 2 x 10lb bags, lifting them like weights throughout the walk and looking like a dork

And they say I'm not smart

·
Registered
469 Posts
Slynny, that does stink!! Please remind me what type of injury you are dealing with. I remember when it happened, but not exactly what it was. (Sorry) This is such a bummer. I know what it's like when you want to run and can't. Hugs!

budda, that time on your ten miler sounds fantastic! The 5 mile time, even if it was slower, wasn't bad at all.

Corri - way to drive!

I like the way you exercise with a purpose, krista.

I put in another mile - so that's 3 for me today.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Hi hamsters

Can I join in ? I'm a lousy exersiser, but lately I've been doing a lot of walking, at least I'm getting to move a little, I tend to stay in much and getting out a little wouldn't harm me.

So, I walked an hour Wednesday and Thursday, 1 h 20 Friday, 1,5 hours Saturday, and two hours yesterday. Wohoo.

Right now I'm getting ready to go walking again. A beautiful day today, you'd think it was summer allready. I'm looking forward to walking again.

Have a nice day!

Azalea

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Sky- Actually, spinning is a class using exercise bikes in which the petals have a little momentum in them---so they help you push forward, creating a spinning effect. Its a 45 minute class and you go through song intervals and adjust the tension on your bike wheel as well as stand up, sit down, and do this middle position thingie where you stand straight up. I looove it, but I think I'm gonna hafta miss next week's class because I'll be up late prom night....

Today's gonna be a light exercise day, I gotta work tonight. Prolly lift some lower body weights and jump on the stairmaster real quick.

By the way, Krista, that more than counts as exercise! You did 120 minutes of activity, which is well above the requirement! :p. How far away is the grocery store?!

lovenlight,

linz

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I ran my 5 miles today in 45 flat,and I felt pretty good. Then I did 180 crunches and some time in the leg stretcher. im going to kick the crap outa my bag this afternoon and practice forms.

KEEP HAMSTERIN"!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi! Welcome Azalea! I do a lot of walking too. I belong to a Volkssporting walk club and I have a walk team that's logging miles for a walk across the state program. You might like joining a Volkssporting walk club. You can find out about them at http://ava.org

Rainbowmoon, the spinning class sounds fun! I know I'd like it. Are you ready for the prom? Do you have your dress and everything?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
walking on the treadmill and weights today, ellipse machine or bike and abs tomorrow, ellipse or bike and weights on Thursday. I may do yoga on wednesday depending on how I feel. Also if it is warm enough this week - I may chuck the gym altogether and go walk on the nature preserve. I so miss doing that, but it has been too cold to do outdoor stuff so far this year. Have a good week all.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Tonight: a few more hours of swing dancing!!! Are we seeing a pattern here?

Great hamstering everyone! Hehe, I also walked to the grocery store and back today (two different stores...to get my vegetarian goods
), krista! But they are a bit closer.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.