VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I missing calcium in food. I think so, because my teeth are not so white as they were.<br><br><br><br>
Can you addvise me with which food can I get calcium.<br><br><br><br>
Thank you for ansver.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Calcium deficiency shows in your nails - you might get whitish deposits. Teeth just wear with age - do you drink a lot of coffee or soft drinks, etc?<br><br><br><br>
But green and leafy things, like kale and spinach, or calcium enriched soy milk and fruit juice are probably the way to go.<br><br><br><br>
Good luck!<br><br><br><br>
pirate x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A don' t drink coffe and not a lot soft drinks.<br><br><br><br>
And on my nails are not so strong, but I didn't write it.<br><br><br><br>
Is any special fruit which have more calcium?

·
Registered
379 Posts
eat some bok choy. im 100 calories of the stuff its got 1055 mg calcium. turnip greens have 921 mg calcium per 100 cals while broccoli only has 182 mg calcium per 100 calories

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Any kind of dark leafy green vegetable, broccoli, sesame seeds, tofu, almonds. And leave out the soft drinks because they actually leech calcium out of the bones because they're so acidic.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Calcium in sesame is my excuse for eating vast quantities of halva (sweetened with grape juice, not sugar, of course). Try eating vegetables with tahini or combining things like mung dal and broccoli in a stew.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Tahini and honey mixed together in equal parts is one of my favorite spreads. You can also make a yummy sauce/dressing with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and a little water to thin it down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for you help.<br><br><br><br>
Now I have to find Tahini and expend my garden for broccoli, bok choy and turnip greens.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
I will eat many more breat with sesame.<br><br><br><br>
Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts