VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cute! :3 I love animals like this, they're like real life cryptids.

·
Rat Queen/Mouse Matriarch
836 Posts
Woah, took the title literally until I read the article. It's actually a type of worm? Awesome. Really like the hallucigenia video too.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Poor hallucigenia, he has lost his trophy for Cambrian wierdness:

I'm gonna eat you!!!!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Don't forget about Marella:

Or Wiwaxia:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
If H. P. Lovecraft and Dr Seuss got together and shared a really bad acid trip, they might have come close to some of these beings...

I am kind of sad we'll never get to see them live and maybe learn more about them, though. Then again, jellyfish are plenty wierd enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

WTF is wrong with you people? That thing is terrifying.
LOL +1
It's cute and all but i'm still scared of it

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I suspect the whole thing is a hoax. It's not even a real news source. It's from a blog.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I don't think it's a hoax, all of the other referenced animals are legit. If this is legit, however, it's pretty amazing.

Gotta love those ancient weird lifeforms.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
this should have been mentioned in one of my science classes, then (none of these things ever were). It's a good way to get anyone interested in science....rather than blathering on about photosynthesis.

ETA: that was a critique of the educational system where I live, not a blast of the article. I checked out snopes and it appears to be legit. unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

this should have been mentioned in one of my science classes, then (none of these things ever were). It's a good way to get anyone interested in science....rather than blathering on about photosynthesis.

ETA: that was a critique of the educational system where I live, not a blast of the article. I checked out snopes and it appears to be legit. unbelievable.
Yep, legit. And cool!

http://www.nhpr.org/cactus-walking-20-legs-found-china

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

WTF is wrong with you people? That thing is terrifying.
We're animal lovers, preferably off the dinner plate, even if the animals are not soft, furry, feather, or make good pets. Mind, if I saw one, I'd be taking photos and posting on Flickr.com.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts