VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
It's back... and better than ever! The new Commodore 64 is a modern functional PC as close to the original in design as humanly possible. It houses a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard which comes in two configurations. The C64x Ultimate (C64x-UL) has a Dual Core 525 Atom processor and the an nVidia ION2 graphics chipset, and our flagship model, the C64x Extreme (C64x-EX) which comes with a second generation Intel Sandybridge Core i7 capable of reaching speeds of 3.3Ghz. The new Commodore 64 comes in the original's taupe brown/beige color, with other colors to follow.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx

Wow! I used to be into the C64 back in the day so it would be cool if it could make a comeback.

It says it will be launched with its "own" operating system, Commodore OS Vision (a community-driven 64bit Linux distribution):
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_OS_Vision.aspx

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Ghostbusters on C64. wasted summer vacation. good times.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
That's way cool. I never had a C64, so I don't have any fond memories of it. Back in the day, I had a TI-99/4A (Texas Instruments' personal computer).

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

Ghostbusters on C64. wasted summer vacation. good times.
Ah, I played that too. I remember as you caught more ghosts you earned more money so you could buy more sophistcated gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitLuvr View Post

C64 was the first computer in my house; we had it plugged into the tv. My mom subscribed to some C64 magazine that would print program code, and I would spend hours typing everything in line by line, just to run short little programs. Good times!
I did that too

10 print"hello world":goto 10
run

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My friend had a C64 back in the day. He had a 5.25" floppy disc drive with it but it was as slow as cassette and just as unreliable. My favourite game was Cauldron II. Great fun!

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

My friend had a C64 back in the day. He had a 5.25" floppy disc drive with it but it was as slow as cassette and just as unreliable. My favourite game was Cauldron II. Great fun!
Ah yes, the 1541 floppy drive. Various fastloaders, typically on cartridges such as Action Replay and The Final Cartridge, would allow them to load a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The heads needed realigning regularly. A standard credit card was the perfect size with which to do this. I seem to recall he had some games on ROM cartridge but I can't remember which. I had Logo in ROM for my BBC.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
i'm just watching some old youtube clips of shogun (ocean waves sounds). that system had such a good soundboard for the time. the melodies really stay with you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts