VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interesting. Bananas are one of my favorite fruits. And there low glycemic! But there about 109 calories (118G) compared to an apple at 62 calories (110G) so I have been trying to avoid them.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Yes, I heard it on the news the other day. A bit frightening, isn't it? I eat bananas all the time - they are just so good for you, taste even better, and at least where I live they're real cheap too. They're excellent if your in need of a quick energy boost, full of B group vitamins and potassium. Man, I'd be lost without bananas!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love bananas! I wouldn't buy GM ones though

What would I put in my smoothies?? Peanut butter & banana sandwiches are yummy too!

Why would they taste different in 10 years by the way? I didn't get that.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I get exacerbation of my neuropathic pain after eating bananas. I can eat small quantities mixed into a fruit salad -- like one banana cut up and mixed with lots of other cut up fresh fruit; but if I eat, say, a snack consisting of just 2 bananas, I feel ill.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I used to love bananas, but I ate so many of them that by the time I was 4 years old, I was sick of them. I've TRIED recently to force myself to eat and like them, but I can't even get through half a banana before I gag. I'd love to like them, but ARG!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I get a sweet tooth I slice a nanna down the middle and sprinkle it with some cinnamon sugar. Pop it in the microwave for about 30 sec and you've go desert. Wonderful with crushed walnuts too.

·
Banned
13,022 Posts
I'm not to concerned. The report came from French scientists, so I take it with a grain of salt. These people made Jerry Lewis a national icon, so I don't trust their opinion on anything else.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

I just heard about this one the other day. I'm devastated.

I eat bananas constantly! I'm eating bananas from my own tree right now...
Wow. You have your own banana tree. That's so cool
. I want one. Where did you get it from?

BTW, i love bananasssssssssssss

Monika

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
That article didn't really sell to me the idea that bananas are going to be gone in 10 years. If fungicide is so important, then howcome it's so easy to find organic bananas that aren't terrible more expensive than their fungicidal counterparts?

I did rather like the term "mutant wild bananas" however.

ETA: I see that this has been bumped from very long ago. I want to add that bananas don't grow on trees, they grows on plants (that happen to be considered a type of herb, the largest on Earth.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts