VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am only a vegetarian, not (yet?) a vegan, but I would like to experiment with nutritional yeast. I checked my local organic grocery and all they had was a HUGE tin of it. It was about I was more looking for a spice jar or salsa jar sized container, you know?

Is this simply impossible to find? Or where did you find your nutritional yeast and what size do you have? Oh, also: I found that big tub (it was about the size of this) in the supplements section. Is there anywhere else I should check?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Nutritional yeast is delicious. I love it. Try putting it on popcorn, it's very tasty. You can add to tofu, salads, noodles, anything.. except dessert. But then again, I've never tried it on sweets. I bought it recently at Whole Foods in bulk. That is how you should buy it because you know it's fresh. I think it would be at any natural food store.

Good luck!

Shira

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes I scoop it out from a bin as well. I am lucky since there is a whole foods and a Harvest Co-op near me....and yes it is yummy (I love it on rye toast for breakfast and in my tofu scrambles).

Shirvegi...I've tried it on popcorn, do you have any tricks? I bought plain popcorn and sprinkled the yeast on it....not that great. What's your secret?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts