VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the link below is a chart with various Apple products, release dates, and price. It also tells you how much you would have if you had bought AAPL stock (on the same date for the same dollar amount) instead of each Apple product...

For instance, my first iPod in 2003, retailed for $299 (which is what I paid), the stock today would be worth $11,685. I do love my iPod but I dunno.

http://www.kyleconroy.com/apple-stock.php

You can sort each column up at the top.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
That is way too cool, I'd be worth 30,759 dollars right now. That's borderline depressing lol

·
Banned
3,056 Posts
i'd be very careful with apple at these prices. i would think that the low hanging fruit has already been picked. apple is priced for continued dominate leadership of the tech sector. as you get bigger and bigger, exponential growth becomes harder and harder to obtain. if there is even a slight stumble, there will be a disproportionate drop in price. anything painful happens to the economy, like another recession due to oil prices .....

sure, history is great, but it doesn't really give that much insight into the future when you're talking stock values.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
>apple

I laughed.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

i'd be very careful with apple at these prices. i would think that the low hanging fruit has already been picked. apple is priced for continued dominate leadership of the tech sector. as you get bigger and bigger, exponential growth becomes harder and harder to obtain. if there is even a slight stumble, there will be a disproportionate drop in price. anything painful happens to the economy, like another recession due to oil prices .....

sure, history is great, but it doesn't really give that much insight into the future when you're talking stock values.
Apple has stumbled several times and each time, I bought more shares. So far so good, but there is no guarantee. That's the fun of the stock market, I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts