VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone watched this on the PETA site? i had to stop i was crying so hard, and the kids are in the next room........ugh.

anyway with thanksgiving around the corner it would be something to show our omni friends. my hubby has already agreed this year NO turkey will enter this home, we have come to the understanding within the last year that i dont buy or cook animals anymore for him.........i used to but i dont anymore...........so he is onboard with it all....he is actually eating a lot healthier because of my getting more strict........so its a good thing all around......also about a year ago i decided he is an adult who is free to go to the grocery and cook on his own if he doesnt like what i make....ha.......we will probably have the worthington roast for our "turkey" dinner on thanksgiving, with lots of veggie sides.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was going to watch it, but I really didn't want to. Those turkeys are definitely tortured though...
I'm definitely bringing some tofurky and vegan stuffing to my grandma's house for Thanksgiving this year.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Erm no I have not watched it, since I do not eat turkey anyway I see no reason to be tramatized by watching it.

I gotta ask why do you guys keep watching these things when your already veg*n? Does it not depress you and make you feel bad?

·
Registered
887 Posts
No, I haven't seen it either. Probably won't now either with your recommendation. Those things stay with me for months after I see one. I just couldn't handle the "Meet Your Meat" all the way through. If I ever give out a recommendation, I always tell people to watch the "Peaceable Kingdom". That one upset me too, but it was done on a less dramatic (for lack of a better word) scale & it still gets the message out there, kwim?

As far as Thanksgiving goes, I know that I won't be eating another "Quorn" roast this year, ewww!
I know alot of people here who like it, but if there's nothing else out there any better than that, well, it'll just be a veggie feast!

Michelle

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrlin View Post

Erm no I have not watched it, since I do not eat turkey anyway I see no reason to be tramatized by watching it.
Yeah same here. I haven't seen any of the videos, and have no plans to start.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
You don't have to use a meat substitute product to enjoy Thanksgiving. Last year I just made roasted veggies in puff pastry shells with gravy as my "main" dish, along with all the usual sides, and it was great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts