VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Riot Nrrrd
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<a href="http://www.13wmaz.com/news/watercooler/article/140215/155/Animal-Rights-Activists-Deface-Butter-Cow-Statue" target="_blank">http://www.13wmaz.com/news/watercool...ter-Cow-Statue</a><br><br>
Probably didn't do anything other than irritate folks, but was non-destructive and amuses the heck out of me.<br><br>
Statues carved out of big blocks of butter get displayed at the annual state fairs in Minnesota and Iowa. It's a midwest thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
The title of the article is misleading. It says they defaced the statues, but they didn't touch them. They just put signs in front of them. It probably didn't convince anybody to go vegan, but it is pretty funny.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
They should've put in an Earth Balance cow statue, with the "Go Vegan" sign on it <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/tongue3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":p">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,587 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>disney.jessica</strong> <a href="/forum/post/2971553"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
They should've put in an Earth Balance cow statue, with the "Go Vegan" sign on it <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/tongue3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":p"></div>
</div>
<br><br>
But then the omnis would say something about the orangutans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>Snowcone</strong> <a href="/forum/post/2971557"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
But then the omnis would say something about the orangutans.</div>
</div>
<br>
I would too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
<a href="http://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/attachment.php?s=d860a40cac9830a744a44c627c10f53f&attachmentid=16418" title="">Attachment 16418</a><br><a href="http://cdn.veggieboards.com/7/7e/7e833893_vbattach16418.jpeg"><img alt="LL" src="http://cdn.veggieboards.com/7/7e/525x525px-LL-7e833893_vbattach16418.jpeg" style="width:400px;height:373px;"></a>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>disney.jessica</strong> <a href="/forum/post/2971553"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
They should've put in an Earth Balance cow statue, with the "Go Vegan" sign on it <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/tongue3.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":p"></div>
</div>
<br>
Yeah, and they should have plenty of bread that they can smear with EB so they can give free samples so people can taste how yummy it is. <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="/images/smilies/smiley.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title=":)">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
lol We got those butter cows at the Ohio State Fair as well. They're very silly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
Last year they did a Michael Jackson butter statue. What a bizarre way to pay homage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>Dedalus</strong> <a href="/forum/post/2972051"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
Last year they did a Michael Jackson butter statue. What a bizarre way to pay homage.</div>
</div>
<br>
No, they didn't. Too much controversy. I think it ended up being Dr. Suess instead.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>Dedalus</strong> <a href="/forum/post/2972051"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
Last year they did a Michael Jackson butter statue. What a bizarre way to pay homage.</div>
</div>
<br>
That's almost weird enough to make sense.
 

·
Riot Nrrrd
Joined
·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think all we get butter statue-wise here in Minnesota are the heads of Dairy Queen candidates. Haven't been to the fair in a while so I'm not sure if that's still all.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top