VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from SoCal and just got back from a five day trip to the East Coast. I had no car and relied on my boss and others to pick me up and take me to lunch. I was surprised that I was able to find some good Veg meals. I went to an Indian restaurant and had Dal, which is a very thick lentil dish. It was amazing. Unfortunately, I later found out it may have had butter in it. We had to drive from Virginia to NJ and stopped for food. Every restaurant seemed to be only meat. We were able to go to a Five Guys and basically have veggies inside a bun, but it was pretty good. I was so surprised to find amazing Veggie tacos at Chilis. These were way too good to be Vegan. I am guessing they had some stuff in them that I would try to stay away from, but I had to eat. On my way home, the airport had absolutely nothing so I ordered a big thing of chips, guacamole and salsa. It did the trick. I knew that it would be hard to eat Vegan on this trip so I am not upset if I ate something that I normally would not have eaten. You have to do the best with what you have. I highly recommend those Veggie tacos at Chilis. I wonder if they put meat products in their beans?

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Yeah, it can be a lot of work and stress. I hate traveling.<br><br>
Did you search for food on <a href="http://www.happycow.net" target="_blank">Happy Cow</a>?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts