VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know around this time of the year, they say that you should wear sunblock.

Now, on the bright side, i probably got plenty of Vitamin D today, but I'm burnt as hell, and there's a big white band around my wrist, which is where my watch was. All i did was walk around blackpool. I thought it would be harmless. We never get sun here.

Anyway - wear the sunblock. And don't wear a watch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My shoulders got burnt on Saturday and a little crispier today.... a little pink... very hot and starting to get extremely tight... Aloe is the best stuff.... nice and soothing.

I hate how you say, eh, I won't get burnt, well, eh, yeah, that isn't always true!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I got a good amount of Vitamin D today from my 15 minute ride in to work, but it wasn't enough to burn me. I always have and always will have a biker's tan. Gotta love the spandex line.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Last weekend I had a softball game, and I decided that one day to wear shorter socks(we usually wear reallly tall socks for softball) and so I wore like, ankle socks. I put sunscreen on, but i didn't get it all the way down my leg, so now I have this weeeiirrid line on my ankle. it's like translucent white->bright red. and then you see little finger marks from where I DID put on sunscreen.

I add to loki's message: Cover yourself thoroughly.

·
Registered
0 Posts
havnt got burnt as of yet even though i spend most of the day outside. must be this english climate

have rather funny tan lines for watch, shorts, t-shirt. i'm also a shocking white from the ankles down cos i have SPDs so i cant wear sandels when i'm cycling

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'm always a bit tanned. There was this time I had a haircut in the winter - someone asked me if I had gone to a solarium

I rarely use sunblock because most varieties cause rashes (and because UV is supposedly really good for my eczema). I do stay in the shadow most of the time, though.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Even though I wear sunscreen, I still get sun. I get tan just from being at the playground with my son. I wear a 15spf, I should probably go higher, but they feel so greasy. I have a tank top tan, and a flip flop tan
My legs never really seem to tan.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i have sandle tan, talk about funny looking. i was in a store trying on clothes, came out of the change room to look in the mirror, without my sandles on, and i could hear the saleswoman cracking up laughing behind me. she was laughing at the alternating white and red stripes across my feet.

always remember to put sunblock on the feet
or take your sandles off.

i actually already had permanent sandle tan where i'd burned my feet really bad a couple years ago wearing the same sandles, now it's just darker and will likely be this dark for a good long while

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.