VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard about "burn" videos where small animals are held over a flame and slowly burnt to death. How low can the human race descend? Someone should take a blow torch to the people who do that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tell me more, I've never heard of this barbaric occurance before!!!!! Do you mean that people actually enjoy watching something burning to death? I'm with you on the blow torch thing! I'm sometimes ashamed to be human when I hear of the extent to which our species administers cruelty! Sounds similar to the sort of stunt they do on Jackass.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know anymore, except that it's a new thing (I read about it in an article about report of animal abuse incidents in the UK). I'm not sure I could do a search to find out more either (I'm concerned about what I'll see/read).

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Yuch. Never heard of burn videos, but it's not surprising. I can't seem to find any information on them as my search engine thinks I want to 'burn videos' on to CD-rom or something.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
search for "squish videos" and you'll find more...

snopes.com had this to say on their page where they debunk snuff films:

"The only snuff films proven to exist involve animals. In 1998, nine "squish" videos were seized by Scottish police and their distributor arrested. These videos showed scantily-clad women crushing under their high heels an assortment of small animals, including frogs, mice, insects, and a snail. Authorities say the same items have been available in Britain since 1996."

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Kurmudgeon, have you heard of "Faces of Death"? It's a video series (I think 3 were produced) of actual deaths on film. It involves animals and humans. I was a teen when I saw the first one, and I was only able to watch a few of the scenes. I had to shut it off. I literally got sick to my stomach and cried. And this was before I was vegan. I was only able to sit through a couple one was where a person got attacked by an alligator, while friends could only sit there and watch. The second one involved a monkey, and that's when I had to turn away. I won't even explain it, it's too gruesome and base.

Also, about debunking snuff films: They are real. My father confiscated them as a Los Angeles police sergeant. They do exist. Since that source was from the U.K. maybe they don't exist there, but they do in the good ol' U.S. of A.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I thought the Faces of Death series was pretty interesting. It's not gory death scenes like I thought it was, but rather more like a documentary on dying.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Really?? Well, I have read that the originals were taken off the market. They may be underground now. I cannot imagine that anyone would see that as a documentary! It must be a new or cleaned up version. The ones I saw were the originals and they were extremely gory.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh good grief... I am very glad that I haven't seen these burn or squish videos. The sad thing is that some of my "friends" might find that amusing. Kurm, name the time, the place, and the omnivore, and I'll be there, blowtorch in hand. Oh wait, I happen to also be a pacifist... never mind.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Strix, there are definetely some gory scenes in FoD but nothing worse than you'd find in a PETA expose or a high school documentary on drunk driving. Not all of the scenes are real. They're still for sale as far as I know. You can get them from amazon.com. Here's a review from Amazon that I kinda agreed with...
Quote:
The Faces of Death basicly goes through the different ways people or animals have died or been killed. I didn't find it scary, but one doesn't always realize how they could die. I believe viewing for some should be warned that this may not be suitable for some. The videos remind me of something that might be on the Discovery Channel, or parts could be on the unsolved mysteries. It wasn't bad..
Squish videos and burn videos are different because people are getting off on killing or torturing the animals.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I'm not a pacifist. And l'm not joking.

This new flash of pain briefly out shone the old one.

I will put it this way: other they are not human, or I dont want to be.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i think they are a different kind of human, one that i just don;t understand and it saddens and sickens me...

it is hard to keep up hope for brighter days ahead in the world when we read and see stuff like this... it's almost unbelievable...

i've been reading a lot about the role of ethics in the world...

it is scary to think that people who do this or get off on it MAY ACTUALLY BE ACTING ON ETHICS LIKE WE DO, BUT THEIR ETHICS ARE SO DIFFERENT FORM OURS THAT THEY DON'T PERCEIVE THEIR ACTIONS AS WRONG!

Or they are unethical becuse they are thankfully in the minority...

I choose the latter...

but I still feel powerless to fix anything or wake these people up... isn't that frustrating?!?!

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Hopefully they'll be in jail before they're 25. I just don't want to think about how many animals and people they'll kill before then.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This reminds of what I watched this week. On public tv, there is a new reality-type series where people go back to the Edwardian Period of England; it's called "Manor House." It's a time where heirarchy ruled and master and servant was strictly observed. Anyway, to keep it authentic, they showed some type of animal being cooked/served every dang episode! I didn't see it coming! Ugh, it was gross. Everything was done manually by the chef. They showed venisons' skin being stripped by hand, ducks/pheasants being plucked, and a full-faced head of a pig being baked and served! The master was "offended" when the pig face was served at the table. He asked it to be removed. It just reminded me of how hypocritical the whole thing is. We (as in humans in general) love to eat meat, yet are offended to see what is it we are really doing. I'm glad they showed it, if for only that reason. It gave the omni viewers a dose of reality. I wish all people who eat meat could have a cow's head on a plate staring at them as they consume a hamburger and see if they ever touch meat again!

- sorry, I know that's gross, it just angers me -- the hypocrisy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts