VeggieBoards banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I think the BK veggie burger is only so-so, but it does in a pinch. Enough ketchup improves anything, and at least you get the fast food experience if you miss it like I do!

How do you order the onion ring burger? If you order it as a Whopper w/onion rings instead of meat, you'll get charged for both, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,511 Posts
I bet you could get a Whopper Jr. with onion rings instead of meat. The Whopper Jr. is only 99 cents so even if you had to pay extra for the onion rings it would still be pretty cheap.

Oh, and BK slathers mayonnaise on everything so if you're vegan you need to make sure you specify NO MAYO and make sure they understand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,511 Posts
I wonder if you could go to Carl's Jr. and get a Western Bacon Cheeseburger with no meat, no bacon, no cheese and extra onion rings 'cuz that would be awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm not a fan of McD's, but a few times out of desperation I ate their veggie burgers and they were okay. I wonder why they don't have them anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAmy View Post

I think the BK veggie burger is only so-so, but it does in a pinch. Enough ketchup improves anything, and at least you get the fast food experience if you miss it like I do!

How do you order the onion ring burger? If you order it as a Whopper w/onion rings instead of meat, you'll get charged for both, right?
You would want to order it as a "Veggie Whopper" and ask if they can put onion rings on the sandwhich. There's a button for "Veggie Whopper" and it's a lot cheaper than the Whopper. You could ask them for a "Rodeo style Veggie Whopper" but not all Burger Kings use the phrase rodeo style for the added onion rings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodveg View Post

I'm not a fan of McD's, but a few times out of desperation I ate their veggie burgers and they were okay. I wonder why they don't have them anymore.
I thought they still did? (In canada, california, and nyc?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

What you've described is a "Rodeo Style Veggie Whopper". They offer the "Veggie Whopper" (a whopper minus the meat) across the country, but rodeo whoppers (whoppers topped with onion rings) are regional. I've never tried ordering a rodeo style veggie whopper, but it does sound pretty good (in that "what's one more heart attack" kind of way).


ETA: I wanted to mention that neither of these items are on the menu, you just have to ask for them. Unless they're new, most employees will know what you're talking about.
Rodeo style haha odd..

Here they call it a "Salad burger" it isn't on the menu and you have to ask for it specifically. I asked for an onion ring burger once (I thought it would be a much more logical name..) but yeh the woman was all "OH A SALAD BURGER?"'

Rightio then!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
I appreciate everyones take on The BK Veggie Burger...I have a Free Coupon for one and wasnt sure I was gonna use it cause it was prob cooked on the same grill as the meat...now that i know that its not.. I am gonna give it a try...Thanx for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I wasn't aware that Burger King served a veggie burger! I'm anxious to try it out. If you want a good veggie burger at home Boca meatless burgers are good with any whole grain bread which is best if made at home without hydrogenated oils.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post

I wasn't aware that Burger King served a veggie burger! I'm anxious to try it out. If you want a good veggie burger at home Boca meatless burgers are good with any whole grain bread which is best if made at home without hydrogenated oils.
Isn't Boca notorious for using GMO's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,090 Posts
You're eating at burger king and worried about GMOs?


Yes, Boca uses genetically modified soy in some of their products. As does Morningstar Farms, the maker of the BK Veggie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpickell View Post

You're eating at burger king and worried about GMOs?


Yes, Boca uses genetically modified soy in some of their products. As does Morningstar Farms, the maker of the BK Veggie.
Well, I do only eat their veggie burger, I'm not eating a freaking whopper and super sized fries.

At any rate, I was never aware that morningstar used GMO's, that stinks.
 
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Top