VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a digital camera and thought it would be really cool to construct a "family page" where I can post our pics, keep everyone in our lives updated, etc. (all our family lives out of state).

Anyway, I don't know jack squat about web/html. I'm not too worried about the html and FTP, as I can read up and there are plenty of web builder tools available. I just want to start with something easy and then build my way up. My biggest questions stem from hosting.. Can anyone recommend a good hosting site. I'm trying to avoid the freebies because the ads drive me crazy. On the other hand I want to start out as cheap as possible...I know you get what you pay for. I found this offer over at Yahoo for $4.95 per month and wonder what everyone's thoughts are and any other recommendations you may have.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/learn/...Get4_Plus.html

Thanks, I think this will be fun. My goal is to get this in gear and get a good page put together when we return from our vacation in a month. I'll be sure to post a pic of me bodsurfing a wave off the white sands of Padre Island.(in my thong!) J/K

Thanks...KC

·
Registered
878 Posts
kc kid

there are free ones if you dont wana pay like xanga or ee wut is the other one envy.nu that ones really good and its free but i think you have to know how to work computers

good luck anyway !

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
If you wanna start as cheap as possible as you said;

start with geocities. It's free has simple site builders, and the pop-ups are bare-able.

When the site is going the way you want it, you can start paying for it and dump the ad.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
One of the reasons I use geocities is that I can upload from work and don't have to Phone in.

(some free providers demand phonelines)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts