VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know or have you met anyone famous?

All my brushes with fame have been second hand. When I lived in Michigan, I worked with Uncle Cracker's (a.k.a. Matt) mom. It was just before his first album hit big, she had a photocopy of his advance check from the record company on the wall of her cubicle.

When my best friend was in nanny school, she talked on the phone with Tom Cruise and Nichole Kidman, and Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Both couples were looking for nannies at the time, and they called the school she was at to interview potential candidates. She said that Bruce and Demi were super flaky, but Tom and Nicole were very nice and smart.

·
Registered
0 Posts
*raises hand* I used to watch the Real World, and it was Real World New Orleans... You know that blonde guy Matt? He goes to my church. Good God that boy is hot. I hugged him the other day... Oh baby. And uh... www.supafly.com is his website.

I met the band Finch at a concert last September. They're really cool. You can tell they're getting used to the meeting fans thing.

I met the Phoenix Suns about 10 years ago. hahaha. They were hanging out at Dan Marjlie's (sp?) restaurant. It was the good team, too. Charles Barkley, Oliver Miller, KJ, etc.... That was back in the day...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Yes. It's a long list. Living and working in Hollywood can be fun sometimes. You get over the "coolness" of it fairly quick, but it's nice to be near the center of it all. I almost had the chance to work with Susan Sarandon tonight at an ECO fundraiser in Burbank, but the guy they thought was going to fall through came through instead, so the back-up guy (me) wasn't needed.

Susan Sarandon rules.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Sure we count, but you make a good point. You can all say you knew me when, and how many vegan celebrities can you say that about?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
It's like Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I've been within 10 feet of John Astin, Chris Rock, Ed Harris, Rick Neilsen (Cheap Trick), Philip Glass, and Yoko Ono.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
my aunt works in film in toronto. they filmed Finding Forrester there and the one and only Sean Connery was around all the time between filming. he was super cool and would go get his own food off the buffet and sit and eat with the crew and clean up after himself. he was really laid back and just very normal. she said once she started talking to him she forgot he was famous, he's just a genuinely nice guy.

my mom is still mad at her though cause at the end he offered to give her some autographed photos and she said no thanks. my mom flipped out cause she loves him and was all like "what about MEEEEEEE???"

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

It's like Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon!
Ah, yes, and I would have met him tonight, too. He's the star of the ECO event tonight. They're playing one of his movies in each AMC's 14 theatres at this multiplex in Burbank. To think, I could have been connected to just about everyone through him after tonight.

Now I'm really bummed I didn't get to go...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've played polo many times with Tommy Lee Jones (very, very strange guy), as well as Stephanie Powers and Bill Duvane. I sold a horse to Pamela Sue Martin (Dynasty) and Rita Mae Brown.

I was picked out of the audience to sing with Barry Manilow!

http://www.barrynet.com/bn341997a.shtml

(scroll down to Nov. San Antonio)

I dated John Bradley (The New Adventures Of Robin Hood) for quite a while when he was attending Cornell Law School. Super guy - we still catch up with one another every once in a while:

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Palace/1629/

I hung around a little bit with actor Richard Tyson and his friends when we were both at Cornell:

http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Canal/5063/

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Oh, my claim to fame...

I was a summer nanny/babysitter to the drummer "little billy" from Good Charlotte. So funny now to have pics of him at 8 years old and to think of where he is now.

Damn, I'm old.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I met a bunch of hockey players including: Ed Belfour, Gary Valk, Jason Blake, Rob Blake, ZIggy Palffy, and Miroslav Satan.

I met Joan Jett once.....

and John Dolmayan from System of a Down.

also, Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson, and Fieldy from Korn....

baseball player: Jim Edmunds, Kirby Puckett, Greg Maddux and John SMoltz....

thats all I think...

·
Registered
765 Posts
My babysitter became the supermodel Kristin McMenamy. She's not really around anymore, but I remember hearing them talk about her on Joan Rivers, VH-1, and seeing her in a huge spread in Bazaar and on the cover of Time.

I also have a cousin who was in the movie "Philadelphia" with Tom Hanks and in Estee Lauder or Lancome commercials (can't remember which).

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I saw Elvis just the other day at Longs Drugs. He didn't say much and left quite quickly... I run into him all the time though!

Some time ago I talked to Dubya on the phone. Well it was his recorded voice (he asked for my support and vote), but it was a mesmerizing experience nevertheless!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

I saw Elvis just the other day at Longs Drugs. He didn't say much and left quite quickly... I run into him all the time though!

Some time ago I talked to Dubya on the phone. Well it was his recorded voice (he asked for my support and vote), but it was a mesmerizing experience nevertheless!
...LOL

Sure it was a recording? :-X

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I met Mickey Mouse, and Daisy Duck, and a bunch of other Disney characters once.....it's crazy...they all hang out at this magic kingdom.....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts