VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
you can also contact your local shelters and have them put you on a waiting list to adopt a hairless cat. You'd be surprised what we get in, and whenever someone calls with an unwanted animal we check our want lists to see if anyone is looking for that type or breed.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
responsible breeders treat their animals very well....

but i'd definetely check with the shelters first because I'd rather save a life than pay to bring more into the world if at all possible. they do get expensive breeds in quite frequently, and the adoption fee is the same regardless of breed usually

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lenore

Assuming that a breeder treated all their animals well, placed them all in carefully screened loving homes (perhaps even having them neutered first), and pretending for the moment that there was no overpopulation problem:

Would anyone here consider breeding for the purpose of improving companion animals' health, through genetic screening and selection, to be a worthy cause?
Man, talk about a hypothetical situation!! That would never happen. I mean it's almost an oxymoron to say "healthy purebreed". If that's why they tell you're their breeding their dogs then it's pure BS.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
The day that animals are no longer put to sleep due to overpopulation and lack of good homes, then I would support natural breeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts