VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, folks. OK, I am getting really sick of eating Bagels and oatmeal for breakfast. What are some breakfasts that you guys eat? Looking for some new ideas.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
ooh, that sounds tasty, Muppetcow!

I'm not a very good cook, and I don't have much time for breakfast, so I have a soy flax waffle and a big glass of chocolate soymilk for breakfast every day. Occasionally I'll vary it with some cream of wheat made with chocolate soymilk.

And a piece of fruit. ^___^

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by muppetcow

Tofu scramble with salsa and chopped veggies in a tortilla. Yum.
This does sound good muppet! Problem is that I don't eat breakfast until I get to work - this one I would have to wait for the weekend to make at home. But I will try it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

ooh, that sounds tasty, Muppetcow!

I'm not a very good cook, and I don't have much time for breakfast, so I have a soy flax waffle and a big glass of chocolate soymilk for breakfast every day. Occasionally I'll vary it with some cream of wheat made with chocolate soymilk.

And a piece of fruit. ^___^
Ceryna, what type of chocolate soymilk do you get? I always see it but I have been afraid to try any of them.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I buy Silk Chocolate Soymilk, in the cold section.

It's deeeelish!

·
Registered
870 Posts
OK... if you do not mind processed foods here is one that can be made ahead and nuked at work.

KlownKake (McMuffin)

Spread tofutti cream cheese on a toasted whole wheat English muffin. (the rest is a punt)

Add tofu scramble, tomato or salsa and baco's or yves sausage patties. Put together like a sandwich--wrap in a paper towel, package in plastic wrap, zip loc bag or wax paper. Heat and eat.

Sometimes I add vegan cheeze but that isn't necessary with the tofutti.

Sometimes I bring a Ziploc bag of sprouts, olives, avocado, mushrooms, roasted pepper, whatever I happen to have to add to my sandwich.

It can be eaten hot in the car or I make 4 to 5 and keep them in the refrigerator to have later. Often I skip the tofu scramble and just have the patty and tomato slice.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
  • waffles, margarine, syrup

cereal with soymilk

Arrowhead Mills' Rice and Shine, and a couple of their other grain cereals, sweetened with Sucanat or fruit

quinoa hot cereal flakes and Sucanat

vegan pancakes (usually eaten out)

tofu scramble on more ambitious days

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I iker breakfest for dinner and don't like to cook. Lately I been playing round with my own cereal. I just got to the bulk bins buy rolled oats, raisins, kasha or golden flax (depending on mood), sunflower seeds and mix it up. Then I use fresh strawberries sliced on top and fat free soy milk. Not very sweet but I find the raisins and strawberries add the right sweet taste and a nice texture.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I work with a vegan at the anti-vivisection non-profit who eats cereal around the clock. One of the unhealthiest vegans I know.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i haven't had cereal in so long. i'm buying some this weekend.

try Kreeli's pancakes.

http://www.veganmania.com/

i like to add cinnamon or chocolate chips to the batter depending on my mood, and top with icing sugar and corn syrup. oh yes.

yves sausage patties are the best fake meat product i have ever had. seriously. i wish they came in packages of 12 billion. it takes a lot of restraint to not eat a whole package at one meal, and even then i catch myself eyeing them in the fridge like 20 minutes later.

i'm just waiting for them to come out with veggie polish sausages. oh man

sorry, off topic there for a bit.

i'm bad with breakfast, i have to eat it every day, i never skip, but i usually just have toast with margarine and a hot cocoa. sometimes i have pb&j if i have a longer wait til lunch.

but an idea i'm stealing from my mom: a cup of yogurt (soy of course
), mix in some fresh berries and some granola. instant yumminess. it's actually a pretty balanced breakfast if you think about it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hmm, I just discovered Strawberry Cheerios, they're SOOO GOOOD. They're not even that bad for you, with fiber, strawberries, and lots of vit&min added

Hm, maybe I'm just trying to justify what my tastebuds are saying about the cheerios, which is "YUMMM". Hehe, I have them with rice milk.

Other things I eat in the morning are fresh fruit or fruit salad, crackers with veggies on top, juice, smoothies, ... the list is endless. The funny thing is, I never eat bagels, so if there was no other option for breakfast, I would have been starving for the past months

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Are Cheerios vegan? For some reason I was thinking that they had D3, which is animal derived, right?

ETA: If I'm mistaken, and they ARE vegan, it's going to be party-time at Ceryna's house...'cause Ceryna LUUUURVES Cheerios.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, VegAnna! Don't shoot the messenger-girl! ^_____^

Maybe I'm wrong! *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
2 slices ww toast spread with peanut butter placed on a plate with hot apple sauce poured over and 1 banana sliced over that. Eat with fork and knife. Very, very good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never eat breakfast, but some suggestions are fruit. Espesh Pineapple, it gets your metabolism rearing and ready to go!

If that's too plain and boring, make a fruit salad with a sugar syrup, maple suryp, brown sugar...anything you'd like!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My faves are Veg Mc Muffin by Chef Deb

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/recipe...ges/75874.html

and cold cereal with dried fruits and a blend of soy, rice and almond milk, this is what I have been eating every morning.

I like Nature's Path Cereals and Full Circle Cereals.

Make your own yogurt:

6 ounces silken tofu

vanilla extract

lemon juice or extract

sweetener

soy milk

Blend and stir in preserves and it tastes like wholesoy. This is also a Chef Deb recipe.

Leave out the preserves and make a parfait.

Strawberries, yogurt, blueberries and granola, mmmmmmmmmmm!

Chef Deb has lots of great recipes

Shannon

1 - 20 of 38 Posts