VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breakfast is supposed to be the "most important meal of the day" and I know that if I didn't get my breakfast in the morning, I would be a zombie by lunch time... and, since we have a dinner and lunch thread, why shouldn't we have a breakfast thread too?

I'll start it off:

Bagel and egg sandwich with hot sauce and lettuce on it and a diced pear cup. Drank tea with honey, too, to warm up.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had an unusual one this morning, due to my boyfriend trying to feed me more than PB+J on toast which is usually the only obvious vegan breakfast at his flat. He made us wraps with grilled veggies, beans, salad leaves and cucumber. Then I had PB+J on toast as well as my wrap anyway haha.

·
Registered
331 Posts
"his flat".. I love that. Took me a second to figure out what a "flat" was. That's awesome.

Once again, on the construction site, in the rain, with a belly full of warm oatmeal and coffee. I love it. Being outdoors, the rain, the fresh air.. Life is good.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If I'm in the office and don't have much time I normally have cereal with rice milk or oat milk or a banana. At the weekend I like a veganised "full english", beans on toast or Spanish "Omelet". Toast and marmalade is also good as is bagels with jam.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
we have children at the house today (oh joy), so pumpkin waffles with bananas and apple butter. and cinnamon hazelnut coffee.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My standard breakfast is an english muffin (do they just call them "muffins" in the UK?) with smart balance & nutella, and rice milk. Sometimes tea with soy creamer, if I'm feeling daring.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've just been eating watermelon for breakfast the past few days. I'm experimenting with eating more raw foods. The amount that I eat takes care of my vitamin c requirements for the day.
I have to make sure it's not too cold when I eat it though, or it hurts my stomach.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconbrother View Post

"his flat".. I love that. Took me a second to figure out what a "flat" was. That's awesome.
I didn't even think about that not being an American term. I guess you'd call it an apartment, but when I think of an apartment I think of something more upmarket rather than a student flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7dk View Post

My standard breakfast is an english muffin (do they just call them "muffins" in the UK?) with smart balance & nutella, and rice milk. Sometimes tea with soy creamer, if I'm feeling daring.
We call them English muffins too, and muffin is still the cake muffin.

This morning I had cornflakes with soy milk, and an orange.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
My usual breakfast is cold cereal (usually Kashi) with freshly chopped fruit on the top . Most of the time strawberries, apples or other types of berries. Also 2 cups of chai with vanilla almond milk. If I'm out of cold cereal I'll have oatmeal with the fruit baked in.

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
My breakfast is usually two slices of whole wheat toast topped with some kind of vegan cheese or fruit spread and tea. It almost never differs, I just want my toast in the morning lol.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larissa View Post

We call them English muffins too, and muffin is still the cake muffin.
Hmm...thanks. After I found out that Brits called football "American football" I always wondered about that. (Obviously I know UK football is what we call soccer...so confusing!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

My usual breakfast is cold cereal (usually Kashi) with freshly chopped fruit on the top . Most of the time strawberries, apples or other types of berries. Also 2 cups of chai with vanilla almond milk. If I'm out of cold cereal I'll have oatmeal with the fruit baked in.
Chai with vanilla almond milk? That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try it.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Today, apple pie and Smart Bacon. Black coffee.

1 - 20 of 593 Posts