VeggieBoards banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
There is a vebsite called Allrecepies that has some vegan bread machine recepies. Most of the time I just veganize recepies for my machine and they turn out o.k.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Funk,<br><br>
Are you talking about The Bread Machine? The one that mixes it all up for you and gives you a round loaf of bread with a hole in the middle? It's been years since my family had one of those. Now we have a Magic Mill and Magic Mixer because my mom wanted to grind her own flour. The Magic Mixer holds much more, but alas, the company went out of business. Maybe ebay has some older ones?<br><br><br><br>
I don't know how well the Bread Machine handles whole wheat, but I'd recommend whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, water, sweetener such as molassses, and you can add in whatever fun stuff you want.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Have you found any recipes yet? Is your machine the same as the bread man? I need just generic recipes that I can veganize as mine was given to me w/ out a booklet.

·
Banned
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the one i have is a welbilt, i believe. and heh, it's not the ex's machine but he hasnt asked for it back yet.<br><br><br><br>
i finally used it actually the other night. i just made the most basic wheat bread.<br><br><br><br>
i'll try and post some of the recipes out of the book later if i have time...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Funkified, this is the recipe I use most:<br><br><br><br>
Vegan 75% Whole Wheat Bread<br><br><br><br>
1 1/2 C Water<br><br>
1 1/2 t Salt<br><br>
2 T Vital Wheat Gluten<br><br>
2 T Molasses<br><br>
1 T Maple Syrup<br><br>
3 C Whole Wheat Flour<br><br>
1 C Unbleached White Flour<br><br>
2 1/2 t yeast<br><br><br><br>
Put all ingredients in bread machine. Select normal setting, large, dark crust. Sometimes it seems a bit dry when it begins to mix, so I usually check on it after 5 min. - sometimes I have to add a couple of additional Tablespoons of water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts