VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per request, the interviews are re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Birthday:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
What do you do when you see a spider?

What was your favourite book from your childhood?

Can you sew?

What is your favourite greek myth?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
What do you like best about being Diana?

Who is your favourite goddess in Roman mythology? (Mine is Diana.)

What is your favourite pizza topping?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Diana!

How young were you when you first became aware of vegetarianism and AR? Was there one single moment that clarified those issues for you?

Kicking around the house: Shoes, slippers, sandals, socks or barefoot?

Do you have a garden? If so, what do you grow?

What is your favorite flower?

What does your favorite piece of jewelry look like?

Who are your heroes in the AR movement?

What is your favorite kind of music?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Who is your favorite philosopher and why?

What do you think of the Bush family?

Ever go dancing?

What's your favorite snack?

What was your childhood like?

Have a favorite hobby?

If you could personally select the next U.S. president, who would it be and why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Which is worse, being a patriot or urinating in public places?

Any music you like?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
How did you get interested in homeopathy?

What do you do when VB's down or your internet access is out? (Cry, sit and stare at the computer, go do another hobby, celebrate...
)

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
What's the first concert you ever went to?

What book(s) are you reading right now?

Is Andy Gibb dreamy or not dreamy?

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
What are your thoughts on ...

... smoking?

... jazz?

... stupid and ignorant people who repeatedly vote for the "wrong" candidates (those that you don't like) at every election?

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Woah!!!!!!!!!!! So many questions already and this thread has only been up a few hours!!!

Let me have some supper (just got back from a meeting), have a short rest, and I'll get back to you all. I think your questions are most interesting.... (sometimes questions are more interesting than answers).

See ya all soon.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Starter questions:

Question limit: 10'001

Birthday: September 1st (first unofficial day of spring where I grew up)

Dietary Path/Reason Why: From murderer to hypocrite to doing the best I can at present (vegan). Reason why? Does any thinking and feeling person have the choice once they know the facts?

Favorite food(s): Fruit and more fruit and more fruit.

Brief Intro: I grew up in apartheid South Africa. Living in the luxury white ghetto where whites had to live was like growing up with a bunch of Nazis. I voted with my feet as soon as I could when I was 17 and moved to Switzerland. After that, I met the guy who became my husband (I was 19) (he still is my husband and I am very happy about this!) and moved to the south of France and also lived in Nigeria for some time. Then I came back to Switzerland. I have a wonderful vegan teenage son who is also into AR, and I work at present doing administration for a string orchestra, and animal rights are my main concern these days. I was a Bach Flower Therapist and Tarologist, but got bored with it and when I fell ill earlier this year, I decided it was time to change things in my life so I closed down my practice.

Picture: I will post one before the end of this interview (don't have a digital camera so this needs some thought. I suppose I could scan a picture??? Actually, I do have a digital camera but it is mislaid and may even be lost.)

Website (your own or one of your favorites): http://www.animalliberationfront.com

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergrrl View Post

What do you do when you see a spider?

What was your favourite book from your childhood?

Can you sew?

What is your favourite greek myth?
1) If the spider is outside, I admire it. If its inside, unless I decide its a good companion to have at the time, I will remove it with great great care to a suitable place outside. I think spiders are beautiful.

2) Heidi (the Little Golden Book edition). I sobbed when my Mum read to me (I was still very little and couldnt read yet) that Clara could not walk, and my Mum had to jump to the end of the book to prove to me that she ended up walking, because I was crying so hard. Then I was so happy. Also, my Mum was Swiss and I think somehow that book connected me with her past which was unknown to me. It kind of linked me to a culture I could only sense and touch from afar, but which was still very much part of my upbringing.

3) Can I sew? God no. I can sew on buttons though if I have to.

4) Favourite Greek myth: Oh, definitely Oedipus. How there was no way to escape his destiny. And as we can guess this more or less from the beginning of the story, one watches with a kind of a morbid fascination what he goes through. And also I find it strange that he poked his eyes out. I think that is a most curious thing to do. Ive never heard of anyone poking their own eyes out.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

What do you like best about being Diana?

Who is your favourite goddess in Roman mythology? (Mine is Diana.)

What is your favourite pizza topping?
1) That Im not someone else.

2) My favourite Goddess is most definitely Athena. She was not only the Goddess of Wisdom, but she was a warrior too. I find this really cool. She knew not only how to fight, but she knew all about strategy as well. Did you know that when she was born, she was already armed?

3) I like my pizzas with different kinds of vegetables on them, and if there are no mushrooms, then I sulk for a long time.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Diana!

How young were you when you first became aware of vegetarianism and AR? Was there one single moment that clarified those issues for you?

Kicking around the house: Shoes, slippers, sandals, socks or barefoot?

Do you have a garden? If so, what do you grow?

What is your favorite flower?

What does your favorite piece of jewelry look like?

Who are your heroes in the AR movement?

What is your favorite kind of music?
1) I only really knew about vegetarianism a few years ago although I had felt uncomfortable eating meat for a long time. And I discovered Animal Rights at the same time while I was researching vegetarianism and veganism. I wasted a lot of years, but am doing my best to make up for them so I will have no regrets when I die. There was one single moment which defined it for me. It was when my son said he was not going to eat meat anymore… and I looked into his eyes and said "me neither" and suddenly everything fell into place and it was like I had been waiting for that moment all my life… I can truly say it was like an epiphany, you know, those moments when suddenly reality becomes clear, like a cloud has lifted suddenly.

2) Always always always barefoot, unless it's freezing cold. I also like to walk outside barefoot although it can give me some strange looks sometimes. People are strange. As if walking barefoot is something not normal. It's more the opposite that is the case. It beats me why natural is often the synonym of weirdness. It just goes to show how much we have lost contact with our true natures

3) Unfortunately I don't have a garden, but I have some flowers and plants in pots. I just recently planted some new bulbs for the spring, but then a fox dug them all up. I find it so sad when I see a fox living in a town. It just doesn't seem right - and it reminds me that humans have not left much space for wild animals to live anymore, and they end up living in an environment which is foreign to their instincts.

4) Oh the rose. Always the rose. It is the symbol of so many things, and reminds me of the Fin Amore of the Troubadours in the Middle Ages. Am also fascinated by esoteric symbolism of the rose and have studied it quite extensively (long before the Da Vinci Code). The smell of roses is so heavenly. I can watch a rose for hours without getting bored, only I rarely have time for this.

5) I never wear jewelry. I do not like looking like a Christmas Tree.

6) All those who serve the cause with humility and who do not expect the cause to serve them.

7) The old Pop-Punk (like the Ramones) but NOT the modern pop-punk; Street Punk and Ska Punk (like Rancid and Operation Ivy), plus a lot of other punk groups (but hardcore punk I don't enjoy so much any more, but some of it is okay).

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delicious View Post

Who is your favorite philosopher and why?

What do you think of the Bush family?

Ever go dancing?

What's your favorite snack?

What was your childhood like?

Have a favorite hobby?

If you could personally select the next U.S. president, who would it be and why?

Thanks!
1) jeezycreezy and troub. Why? Just because.

2) I wish I didn't have to think about them.

3) I did when I was younger but it was never something I enjoyed. I always felt I was wasting my time.

4) Favourite snack is fruit, fruit and more fruit.

5) My childhood was a mixture of happiness and sadness. Happiness because I had great parents and many friends and a lot of freedom. Sadness because I grew up in apartheid South Africa and it was really a horrible thing to see and experience and I can truly say without dramatising that it was traumatic for a young child because it is hard for a young child to understand such evil. And many times when I was young I was ashamed of my white skin and there was a lot of guilt I had to work through when I was older.

5) My favourite hobby used to be studying the the Tarot of Marseilles. It's history, it's symbolism, and the esoteric side of it. (NOT the modern Anglo-Saxon tarot). Now, I don't have a hobby anymore. I don't have time at present.

6) There is no contender that I trust as they are all bought. But my hope is that no-one can be worse than GW Bush.

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troub View Post

Pirates or Ninjas?

If you could convert one person to veganism, who would it be and why?
1) Teenage mutant Ninjas are the only Ninjas I like. Pirates are scary.

2) Joker please. But the SECOND person I would like to convert would be a hunter.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Diana, what/who have been your biggest vegan influences?

Who are your heroes?

Who is more of a vegan extremist, you or your son?

·
Vegan Police Officer
5,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Which is worse, being a patriot or urinating in public places?

Any music you like?
1) A patriot urinating in public places is probably one of the worst scenarios.

2) How about "Brain Failure". They're a Chinese punk group. And I recommend them HIGHLY. http://www.brainfailure.com/ They're sort of Street Punk.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.