VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per request, the interviews have been re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Birthday:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer, Diana, veggiejanie, isowish, purrpelle, Blue Plastic Straw, OregonAmy,

Jessica Alana,Compassionate1, Jeezycreezy, Nigel, ~Wonder, Troub, Sevenseas,

Azalea, Inie, Avocado, ~Brandon, Jenna, Queenfluff, Spidergrrl, WonderRandy,Hummus!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was going to write some brilliant introduction for Michael, and then I was just going to leave it, thinking he was a man who needs no introduction, then I was just going to ask Tame to write one.... but I didn't get around to it.

Instead, I would like to take this opportunity before you get bogged down in questions to say Thank you!!!! to Michael.

Thanks you so much for giving us all a safe cyber-place to come for support, to socialize, find a shoulder to lean on, meet friends/lovers, debate, learn, share and grow. Also, thank you for the new server!

Michael!

Now... let the interrogation begin!

·
Registered
229 Posts
What has been your best day of your life?

If the color yellow made a sound, how far away from the source could it be heard?

Yeehaw! Burger or Hummus Wrap?

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
you're the bestest Michael <3

What are your favorite magazines?

Are there any movies you're ashamed to admit that you like?

What kind of computer do you have?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
YAY Michael!!! (IIRC, Michael was the very first interview way back in the beginning... I wonder how much his life has changed?)

I'll think up some good questions for you... BIAB

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
Is it a goal for you that VB continues to grow?

Is it a goal to make VB into something much more than a message board? (E.g. more 'extras' like the photo album, the VB blog etc.) If so, are you willing to share some of your ideas?

What are the strategic decisions that you have made w.r.t. VB in the past that has been the most successful? Which ones have been less successful?

By the way, thanks for all your hard work with VB so far!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

(merged because there were two interview threads
)
That is so wierd. I only posted it once.
Although... Michael is cool enough to warrent 2 threads. My computer must have sensed that

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hiya Michael!

Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, sandals, slippers or barefoot?

What awesome culinary delights would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with Mandy?

Have you ever seen wildlife up close and personal?

What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?

What movie, book, CD, TV program would you not want to live without?

When was the last time you wanted to take a sledgehammer to your computer in frustration?

When is the photo album coming back?

Do you like to visit museums? If so, which type(s) of museums do you like best?

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Sheesh, Hummus! is going to be a tough act to follow.

Question limit: None for now.

Birthday: August 27th.

Dietary Path/Reason Why: Vegetarian. Primarily ethical reasons.

Favorite food(s): Mexican food.

Brief Intro: Hi.

Picture: Attached.

Website (your own or one of your favorites): Duh.

Quote:
What has been your best day of your life?
There have been so many lately. I can't pick one, they just seem to get better and better.

Quote:
If the color yellow made a sound, how far away from the source could it be heard?
Is the bathroom door open or closed?

Quote:
Yeehaw! Burger or Hummus Wrap?
Depends. If I'm being good I'd have to go with the hummus wrap. If I'm being bad (and truthful) it'd be the yeehaw burger all the way.

Quote:
Do we all drive you completely nuts?
Haha, not so much anymore. To be honest I let the mods handle most of the drama. I only intervene if I disagree with something.

Quote:
What are your favorite magazines?
The only one I really read is VegNews and I highly recommend it. It's an easy read, bright and colorful, nothing too deep.

Quote:
Are there any movies you're ashamed to admit that you like?
It's no secret that Problem Child 2 is one of my favorites. I suppose I should be ashamed of that.

Quote:
What kind of computer do you have?
It's a Sony Vaio. 2.8GHz, 1.5 GB of RAM. I also have an older Toshiba laptop that I don't use very often.

Quote:
If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere - where would you go?
New Zealand for sure. It's so beautiful there. And I like that it's kind of off the radar. Everything else is way down on the list.

Quote:
Is it a goal for you that VB continues to grow?
Definitely. I've been a little frustrated by the fact we gain over 500 new members per month but the number of posts remains about the same.

Quote:
Is it a goal to make VB into something much more than a message board? (E.g. more 'extras' like the photo album, the VB blog etc.) If so, are you willing to share some of your ideas?
Always has been. Unfortunately the technical skills aren't there. That's a big part of why everything (like fixing the photo album) seems to take so long. I'm relying on others to help me.

Right now we're focusing on the blog. It's about done but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out. Not sure if/when that'll happen.

Quote:
What are the strategic decisions that you have made w.r.t. VB in the past that has been the most successful? Which ones have been less successful?
There are two very significant events that led to VB being so successful. The first was about 2 months after I started VB. Vegan Outreach decided to shut down their message board. I asked if they would refer people to my board and they did. The second was about 4-5 years later. Same thing with VegWeb. At the time of the VegWeb "merger" VB we were already pretty big and that pretty much doubled the membership/activity level.

Not so good choices? Hmm... Probably taking too long to get rid of people who make things unpleasant for myself and/or others.

Quote:
why did you pick red as the colour for your name?
Because it's like the orange that the mods have. Only better.

Quote:
If you could be any animal, what animal would you choose and why?
Hmm... Probably a bird of some sort. I think it'd be neat to fly.

Quote:
Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, sandals, slippers or barefoot?
Ankle socks for sure. My feet always seem to be cold.

Quote:
What awesome culinary delights would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with Mandy?
About three weeks after I met her she packed us a picnic lunch. That's when we first discussed (somewhat jokingly) and decided on our wedding date.
It was like 100 degrees that day. Ugh.

If it were me though, it'd probably bring Italian food. Pasta, bread, salad, and something rich for dessert. Flowers. You know I'm going to have to do this now, right?

Quote:
Have you ever seen wildlife up close and personal?
I've spent some time in a barn with pigs and cows. And Mandy's parents have a pet deer. She's really neat.

My closest wildlife encounter probably came when I was helping to feed some feral cats. Their food was in a covered thing that also kept it up off the ground, kind of like an end table. One night I reached in and grabbed the food bowl and out the side came a skunk! Thankfully it just waddled off. But I always wonder what would have happened if I had reached in and grabbed the skunk!

Quote:
What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?
Mexican for sure. But I eat a wide variety of food. I also like Indian, Thai, Ethiopian, Chinese, Italian, just about anything really.

Quote:
What movie, book, CD, TV program would you not want to live without?
Movie: Problem Child 2. Book: The Jungle. CD: Fiona Apple - When the Pawn... TV: The Wonder Years

Quote:
When was the last time you wanted to take a sledgehammer to your computer in frustration?
Whoa.

Quote:
When is the photo album coming back?
I don't know. I need to get help from someone and they've been really busy.

Quote:
Do you like to visit museums? If so, which type(s) of museums do you like best?
Eh, sometimes. I wouldn't go on my own but I'm usually with a good group so that makes it fun. We're going to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry to see the newest BodyWorlds exhibit in a couple weeks. We went last year and it was really cool.

Quote:
Do you have VB dreams? How often? Do they scare you?
None recently. I think I may have had one or two in the past with VB members. Nothing too exciting.

Dammit. Apparently I used too many smilies in this post.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Does Mandy know what she's getting into? Seriously??
LOL (Hi Mandy! Love ya!)

If I plan to crash your wedding and make a fool of myself by singing 'Fast As You Can' by Fiona Apple and dancing all skittery over the church pews just like the video, will the cake still taste like red velvety goodness?

What do you want it to say on your epitaph many years from now?

Can you, Mandy and myself make Christmas cookies again next year?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am temporarily taking over Michael's interview for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummus! View Post

Does Mandy know what she's getting into? Seriously??
LOL (Hi Mandy! Love ya!)

If I plan to crash your wedding and make a fool of myself by singing 'Fast As You Can' by Fiona Apple and dancing all skittery over the church pews just like the video, will the cake still taste like red velvety goodness?

What do you want it to say on your epitaph many years from now?

Can you, Mandy and myself make Christmas cookies again next year?
Yes I think I know what I'm getting into though I have come to realize that he tends to hide embarassing personal objects from me, which I always find anyway.

We will not be having red velvet cake, but you will be welcome to enjoy whatever yummy kind of cake we do have. You are already on the guest list, no crashing will be necessary.

I love Christmas cookies!!! And, you are a better decorator that Mike so you better be there.

I love you honey, please don't delete my post

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I'm finding it difficult to come up with questions for you, Michael, our amazing creator. I guess because, like OA said, you don't post as often any more and I wasn't as active/joined yet for the bit of VB time when you posted lots. You are a puzzle...

Cats of Dogs?

Coffee or Tea?

What's your favourite dinosaur?

Do people who spell 'veggie' VEGE make your head explode?

What's your favourite cookbook?

What book are you reading now/have read most recently?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.