VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per request, the interviews are re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Birthday:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer, Diana, veggiejanie, isowish, purrpelle, Blue Plastic Straw, OregonAmy,

Jessica Alana,Compassionate1, Jeezycreezy, Nigel, ~Wonder, Troub, Sevenseas,

Azalea, Inie, Avocado, ~Brandon, Jenna, Queenfluff, Spidergrrl, WonderRandy

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been wanting to ask you for awhile now: What is your favorite hummus recipe?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Hey Hummus!!

What do you do for a living?

Does your job fulfill you?

What is the most important thing you do outside of work?

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
hello!

i read a while back that you were getting into raw food a bit. are you still doing that? how's it going? do you have any favorite recipes?

do you have any pets?

what do you like best about where you live?

favorite quote? movie?

what's your favorite childhood memory?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hummus!

Do you ever wear any jewelry?

Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, slippers, sandals or barefoot?

What awesome culinary delights would you pack for a picnic in the park?

Lost on a deserted isle: What book, which CD, which movie (assuming you have the equipment to play them) would keep your sanity intact?

Have you ever seen any wildlife up close and personal?

What kind of traveling have you done? Any plans for future traveling?

What is your favorite ethnic cuisine?

Ever see a really gorgeous sunrise or sunset from a fantastic vantage point (like a mountain top)?

Do you wear printed T-shirts? If so, what does your favorite one say?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
5 of your favourite musical acts (single artists or bands)? (They don't have to be ordered according to which you like best.)

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Hey, Hummus!

A little bird told me that you are a Flaming Lips fan.

Have you ever seen them live?

What is your favorite album(s) of theirs?

What other music are you into?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hi Hummus!!

You're at the Build-A-Man Workshop, what do you want?

Body Hair:

Fat/Fit/etc.:

Clean/Dirty:

What kind of facial hair:

Clothes:

Tall/Short:

Hair Color/Bald:

Eye Color:

Glasses:

Diet:

Teeth:

Accent:

Intelligence:

Strength:

Magic:

Anything Else:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I've been wanting to ask you for awhile now: What is your favorite hummus recipe?
How can I possibly compete with the fabulous WonderRandy? The man brings new WonderFull meaning to the word "interview"

Thanks for all the awesome questions, guys! Ask me ANYTHING, ANYTHING i tells ya! This is my first interview, so bare witness to the unknown.

I actually don't have a favorite recipe for hummus. Whenever I cook, I fly by the seat of my pants and toss in a dash of this and a pinch of that, so it tastes different everytime. My favorite brand of hummus BY FAR is Tribe. It's like candy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

Hey Hummus!!

Hi Randy!!
I love your questions.

I have just recently changed jobs. I have my degree in Graphic Design and worked in that for a few years. After I got burned out on it, I went to work as a secretery for my brother's home improvement company for five years. A bit of advice: DON'T WORK FOR FAMILY!!!
I liked the work and most of the people in him employ, but he's a pri*k. NOW, i've started working with kids in an After School program at the Ottawa YMCA...soon to be Summer Day Camp. I also do building supervision and I clean a bit. I also input inventory for my friends online hobby store: http://www.nahobbies.com/

Yes. Very much. I absolutely LOVE children. They are a joy to be around because they laugh alot and are full of energy. All they ask for is a little attention, and I believe everyone should have that. It would make the world a better place. They can be whiney and tattle, but that is forgivable. I also believe that children have a huge task ahead of them in regards to saving the planet, so they need as much of a head start and encouragement as possible.

I'd like to get more involved in teaching Yoga. I'm far from an expert at it, but I've been working on it for 4 years. That's part of the reason why I started working at the YMCA, because they have Yoga classes and I MIGHT have the option in the future to teach it. I also believe strongly in the veggie cause. I don't do as much as I should because of time and being in the middle of rural Illinois. I'm a passive preacher on it. I don't believe in telling people what they should or shouldn't put in their mouths because I don't want someone doing that to me, but I always excitedly and nicely talk about the glories of vegan food. I find that most meat eaters are VERY curious to that and do question me. Other important issues to me are organizations like Earthsave, Pet Project and gay issues, but as I said before, I don't have much time with work...I do have to eat and sleep.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

hello!

i read a while back that you were getting into raw food a bit. are you still doing that? how's it going? do you have any favorite recipes?

do you have any pets?

favorite quote? movie?

Hi Jenna!!

I do still do raw. Not exclusively though. Lately, it's been about 60%. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my smoothies. Nothing in this great big world EVER makes me feel as good as I do after I've had one. Endless energy too. I try to recommend them to everybody. They don't believe that it is better than drugs (not that I know what that's like 'cause i've never done them). I have plans this year to grow a garden at my parents house. My nieces and nephews are going to help me. I can't wait!
My mom and I can fresh salsa in August and September.

do you have any pets?

None right now. My apartment doesn't allow them. I had to put our family dog to sleep in 2004. It was horrible and I miss Dexter so much. We've had cats in the past too. I'm a lover of all animals, but I wouldn't keep a creepy crawlie as a pet, like a snake or a spider. I wouldn't blindly kill one either.

Definitely having my family around. Other places are more beautiful and exciting in the visual aspect and are a joy to be at for even a month or two, but nothing beats home in terms of friends and loved ones. They were my first friends and I still consider them my best. I also LOVE the smell of corn in the late August heat and humidity. It permeates every aspect of life.

favorite quote? movie?

I have too many of them. Any line from "Big Business", which i'd say in the long run is my favorite movie ever.

I can't recall a great one right off the bat. Y'know what I really love? Being reintroduced to a memory that I had long forgotten. Like last year my Catholic grade school closed down for lack of large enrollments. They had an open house for anybody interested. OMG, when I sat in my 4th grade chair it was like it was 1984 all over again!!! The smells, the instant recall of standing at the blackboard doing long division. Then that led to memories of sitting on my bed every Sunday listening to Kasey Kasem's Top 40 Countdown (music was the biggest factor in my life and is the greatest of all my memories I guess), then going to visit my mom at work and eating in the hospital cafeteria with her.

I have to thank you for that question, that one really got me worked up. It's so much fun to remember the good things.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_0810 View Post

What is favorite your favorite color?

Do you like to dip Tostitos in hummus? (I do!
)

What is your favorite plant?
What is favorite your favorite color?

Dark Blue or Turquoise or Olive Green. They are as tasty as a raw food buffet.

Do you like to dip Tostitos in hummus? (I do!
)

Oh yeah!
, but then I dip everything in hummus! Well, not EVERYTHING!

What is your favorite plant?

A better question is what is my least favorite plant?
I love foliage but tend to be an unwilling plant murderer. I'm trying to save my bamboo plant, but nothing is working!

When I have my own house, my dream is to turn my bedroom into a living fairy tale. I am going to paper mache a tree into the entire corner of the room and have the branches hang over my bed, just like a real tree, then I am going to make sure there are a lot of windows and plants in the room. Next, i'm going to paint a Starscapes (http://www.stargazingceilings.com/allegan.htm) ceiling and find someway to turn the walls into an outside landscape... all done without looking like a kiddy room.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderRandy View Post

*ahem*

don't forget your starter questions....
Whoopsee! Spankin' time!

I have to go to work now, so I'll catch up on questions later today>
Thanks guys! This is so much fun.

Starter questions:

Question limit: 27,653

Birthday: 09/04/1974

Dietary Path/Reason Why:: Vegetarian (95% Vegan) Because I want a beautiful world to come back to if I must.

Favorite food(s): Hummus, Blueberries, Tomatoes

Brief Intro: (on myspace)

Picture: (on myspace)

Website (your own or one of your favorites) http://www.myspace.com/24401323 It's a touch outdated

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Hummus!

Lost on a deserted isle: What book, which CD, which movie (assuming you have the equipment to play them) would keep your sanity intact?

Ever see a really gorgeous sunrise or sunset from a fantastic vantage point (like a mountain top)?

Ok. Back to it.

Hi Amy SF!!!
I love your avatar. Lisa is my hero!

I wear jewelry in the form of stones and really nifty thumb rings. Not all that often though. If I ever found a choker that looked just right, I'd be all over it. Carnelian and I recently got into a conversation on the powers of stones. I have a book that give some great info on them. Personal favorite: Rose Quartz. Others include Bloodstones, Carnelians, Amber, Turquoise and Hematite (looks like alien skin to me). According to the book, my birthstones are Peridot and Sardonyx, but I don't have any on my person.

Socks & slippers in the winter, barefoot in the summer.

Good question! Probably Dragon Balls (halved tomatos stuffed with a tofu and nut concoction then baked, courtesy of Alice & Friends in Chicago), hummus of course, Pita bread, A vast array of fresh organic raw veggies and fruits...atypical wholesomeness like Starfruit, Japanese Eggplant, Yellow Squash, Pineapple, Pea Pod's, Avocado's & Pomegranates, and to drink unsweetened Green Tea: Any flavor is good. If you ever come to Chicago, we must go to Alice & Friends, which is vegan Asian quisine. They serve green tea smoothies made with Temptation ice cream. SO GOOD and completely vegan! Then we'll go to Pick Me Up Cafe for vegan french toast and tofu scramble. It will be a City picnic.

Another good question. One that I probably can't truthfully answer because I like so much music. Would it be OK if I just filled up my 60GB iPod and got lost with that?????
I can tell you my favorite album of all time is "Siamese Dream" by Smashing Pumpkins but I can't listen to it all the time.

Nothing more dangerous than a squirrel. Or anything lurking at the zoo.

You just picked the million dollar question! I love to travel, but due to lack of money, I don't get to do it all that often. I've never been outside of the United States, but lust after getting to all of Europe (Italy and Czechoslovakia mostly) or Australia. I make a trip to Las Vegas every few years. I'm due this year and plan on it probably in September or October. I also have friends in Dallas, so I visit them once a year if I can. The favorite trip was my first to California back in 1999. Tricia Soup and I hopped on the Amtrak from Normal, IL. and it was 3 days of bliss. The ride between Los Angeles and Sacramento was unreal. It was the first time i'd ever seen the ocean. We visited San Francisco, Capitola, Carmel, Monterey, Napa, Lake Tahoe & Sacramento. I shall never ever forget how beautiful the earth really is.

Mexican.

Why yes I have! On one of my later trips to California. We stopped on Rt. 1 near Big Sur as the sun was setting. I can feel the goosebumps rising just thinking about it. Another unreal place that makes me tingle is Pt. Reyes Lighthouse north of San Francisco. I'd describe my feelings in depth on it, but then i'd have to kill you.
(I only said that so i could find a way to use the machine gun smiley! LOL)

My favorite choice of clothing are printed T's! I have one with Beavis on it that says "Leave It To Beavis" and he is dressed up like the Beaver! It's old and stained and ratty, but I won't give it up to the rag box.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

5 of your favourite musical acts (single artists or bands)? (They don't have to be ordered according to which you like best.)
God, Sevenseas! I'll try but thank you for keeping it orderless.

R.E.M. - I used to hate them. Everytime I'd buy an album it would have the killer hit on the radio, but lack something else. Something cohesive, but then years later I bought "New Adventures In Hi-Fi" and became a nut job. So much so, that when I visited my friend in Atlanta, I demanded we go to Athens just so I could be in the town that bred such bliss. I was secretly wishing that i'd catch a glimpse of Peter Buck or Michael Stipe too. (I also wanted to go to the "Fried Green Tomatoes" town but I got scoffed at! LOL)

Radiohead - They push themselves so far. I like any musician/artist who does that.

Smashing Pumpkins - The first band I ever went apesh*t over because of SD. I love how heavy/soft they can be. I dislike Zwan very much though. I'm hoping the SP reunion this year will be something wonderful.

Stevie Wonder - I like that he is so positive, and if he's pissed off about something, he doesn't go all gloom and doom on people. And, the mofo can outsing ANY pop star/let "trying" to impress the American Idol judges... even if his vocal chords were scratched out he'd still be better than 99.9% of all other singers.

Madonna -

I tend to get into genre moods. Right now i'm going through a Mid-90's electronica mode: Underworld, Daft Punk, Trainspotting, etc.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brandon View Post

Hey, Hummus!

A little bird told me that you are a Flaming Lips fan.

I can only take a mild stab at guessing which little bird you speak of, Brandon!
Something tells me you and I have nearly the exact same taste in music...or at least openness to discover wonderful stuff.

No, but i'd love to. I have Zaireeka, and that is about as close to live as I've gotten to them. How genius is it!? I try to start Zaireeka parties, but nobody will grab on that line. They think it's too much of a hassle.

The Soft Bulletin & Clouds Taste Metallic. Isn't it amazing how far along they changed in sound and scope just by doing Zaireeka? It's almost like they were touched by the hand of God on both sides of it. Clouds is brutal in sound and The Soft Bulletin is brutal in scope. I LOVE their song titles too.

On a side note, when Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots first came out, they didn't really have a message board anywhere until they started their own on the official website. I was like 5th or 6th person to sign up but I never use that board. I'm "Yoshimi" I should put my 2 cents in there.

Everything. Anywhere between Frank Sinatra and Frank Zappa, Madonna and My Bloody Valentine, Nirvana and NOW! That's What I Call Christmas!

Carnelian was generous enough to let me copy her entire collection of Ultra-Lounge Music. Twenty-one volumes of Exotica and Lounge from the late 50's and early 60's. I'm in music geek heaven. I have a stack of mp3's from the 20's and 30's that I found for free online. I am also freaky right now about Joanna Newsom - "Ys."...i'd marry her if I only played for that team, and yesterday I downloaded an album by Antibalas - "Security". It's a mix of reggae and tropical music... Oooh, and the comp CD "Tropicalia: A Brazilian Revolution in Sound". I bought that last year, but I still can't get over it. And Fleetwood Mac too. I've been playing "Tusk" for about 5 or 6 months straight now. See, you get me going on music and I can't stop. You should come to Chicago in July and volunteer at the Pitchfork festival with Carnelian and I, Brandon! 3 days of free music and smiles from all the Emo kids.
Last year I had more fun than i've ever had in my entire life. Debra said I was "twinkling" with all that was going on around us. If you are interested in trading music, I would be on that in a skinnet and that's less than a minute.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi ~Wonder!
My favorite question of the day! Sorry guys, but the lust is too damn strong.

You're at the Build-A-Man Workshop, what do you want?

Body Hair: Light/Med. chest hair and stomach hair but not on back or behind. Russel Crowe good, Robin Williams not so good.

Fat/Fit/etc.: Fit, and a little chub is good too. I like Beef in that regard, not Twinkies.

Clean/Dirty: Clean, but NOT metrosexual. I don't want to feel competetive in cleanliness.

What kind of facial hair: Any kind is spectacular.

Clothes: Down to earth. T-shirts and Jeans. And any man who can pull a Kilt off (no pun intended) cancels out anything unattractive about him otherwise.

Tall/Short: Somewhere around my height: 5'9" ish

Hair Color/Bald: I'd say dark thick hair because I wish my own was like that. There are a lot of hot bald men though, so this is a toughie

Eye Color: Sea Blue

Glasses: No preference one way or the other.

Diet: Veggie

Teeth: There

Accent: Australian

Intelligence: Very High

Strength: In body mind and soul, yes.

Magic: He has a spark in his eyes. Some electromagnetic pull where I am blubbery in his presence. He is gentle, earth friendly, down to earth and displays an intense kindness towards animals, plants and fellow human beings of all colors, sizes and shapes, etc. And he must love me back.

Anything Else: He adds to and compliments my life, not becomes it. And I the same for him. I also want him to be able to take me to a higher level of understanding and existence. And I the same for him. This man doesn't exist in Streator.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.