VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per request, the interviews are re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Birthday:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer, Diana, veggiejanie, isowish, purrpelle, Blue Plastic Straw, OregonAmy,

Jessica Alana,Compassionate1, Jeezycreezy, Nigel, ~Wonder, Troub, Sevenseas,

Azalea, Inie, Avocado,

~Brandon, Jenna

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
yay!

01. how did you get interested in raw? are you 100%

02. what's your favorite raw book?

03. name some raw people that you admire.

04. can you tell us about your totem animal?

05. do you have any siblings? do you get along with them?

06. what was your favorite hobby as a child?

07. best class in high school?

08. do you have lucid dreams?

09. are you reading any books these days?

10. do you have a piece of artwork that you really enjoy?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yeah fun! My interview! I hope I get lots of fun questions!

Starter questions:

Question limit: No limit - just ask away!

Birthday: 09/17/69

Dietary Path/Reason Why:: Vegan - Mainly animal rights but I also will alter my diet for environmental reasons and health reasons too.

Favorite food(s): I'll put the top two right now: Pineapple and Himalayan Pink salt (not together) - can I say salt? I know it isn't really a 'food'.

Brief Intro: well, I put what is in my profile for now: 17 year veg*n female atheist programmer girl trying to get a job in California.

Website (your own or one of your favorites): Don't have my own right now. But...VB, of course!

Others are:

www.rawganique.com (for clothes);

www.happycow.net (to look up restaurants);

www.fromsadtoraw.com (for some raw recipes);

www.veganessentials.com (to order vegan stuff)

Picture: the last one is me in cyber costume for NYE 2006 - I don't normally look like that!
LL
LL

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

where did you get your screen name from?
I stole my screen name from a very fancy squeaking creature who is sitting by my side right now.

Fluff is one of those 'fancy' kitties who walks around with a regality and importance to her. My dad once said she was 'stuck up' and called her the Hollywood kitty. But she isn't - she is actually just very shy with strangers. Hence, 'queen' became one of Fluff's many kicknames.

Incidentally, I also use this screen name for Ebay too. I wrote a cute little 'About Me' page with Fluff in it. See link below for photo of (Queen)Fluff.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...rid=queenfluff

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hiya queenfluff!

What does your favorite piece of jewelry look like?

Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, slippers, sandals, or barefoot?

What would you pack for a picnic in the park?

What music would you never want to be without?

Which do you prefer, reading or watching television?

Which movies are your favorites?

Have you ever seen any wildlife up close and personal?

Which is your favorite fruit? Your favorite vegetable?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
have you got any other pets?

who do you live with, if anyone (human
)? do you have an SO?

what is the most complex piece of raw 'cooking' you have attempted? (they all look difficult to me :s)

what is your favourite item of clothing that you own?

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
bernard pivot's popular questions:

01. what is your favorite word?

02. what is your least favorite word?

03. what turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]?

04. what turns you off?

05. what is your favorite curse word?

06. what sound or noise do you love?

07. what sound or noise do you hate?

08. what profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

09. what profession would you not like to do?

10. if heaven exists, what would you like to hear god say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

yay!

Hi Jenna!

It was around two years ago it started. I mostly got into raw through reading about vegan things in books, magazines and on the net and I sort of stumbled upon it and then I read that book 'The Raw Life' by Paul Nison. I also joined the Chicago Raw Food Meetup (I was living in Chi-town then which I where I am from) and I met my current bf at one of the meetup dinners. He is really into raw food. So, I learned alot from him.

Plus, a new raw food restaurant opened in Chicago a few months after that and the owner took over the raw meetup and we were friends with him and my bf worked at the restaurant for a while - so I learned alot from being at the restaurant and the other raw foodists in the meetup. I like the concept of eating as close to nature as possible. Raw seems like a perfect diet to me in that respect.

I am not 100%. I was around 90% about a year ago. I try to eat as much raw as a I can. Some days I eat nothing raw and other days I eat all raw and some days half and half.

My favorite uncooked book is 'The Complete Book of Raw Food'. I also like Alissa Cohen's 'Living on Raw Food'. I don't really have a favorite raw book for just general reading about it. The Nison book was OK. I recently got the book 'Your Body's Many Cries for Water' which I am going to start reading soon.

I did go and see Victoria Boutenko speak and she was quite impressive. very nice and down to earth.

I also like Alissa Cohen, Shazzie, Steve Meyerowitz (not sure is he is all raw).

I used to think David Wolfe was very admirable esp. for getting out the word on raw chocolate until I heard recently that he started eating live ants.
(don't know if that is really true though - he does do some pretty flakey stuff though).

Most of the people I admire are friends that are raw actually.

My totem animals are mountain lion and owl.

The mountain lion stands for leadership, courage, land foresight. The mountain lion person is supposed to have a different style of leadership like a leader that follows the wisdom of their heart and don't look back to see whether anyone else is behind them folllowing. If any of their followers veer off to paths of their own, a mountian lion person doesn't mind because they nurture the desire and ability of all individuals to express their own personal power by connecting to their own deepest intuitions. The mountain lion person has confidence in the direction they have chosen.

The owl stands for wisdom, deception, clairvoyance, insight . The owl person has the ability to be undeceived by external appearances and illusion, and to discover the truth behind them. Other people may be uncomfortable with the owl person because of this ability. They feel safe to look at what we may consider to be the darkness of their own soul, and that in that darkness they may find much food for growth. Owl people tend to remember their dreams and not keep the unconscious mind suppressed. The owl person can detect subtleties of voice that others cannot and people cannot deceive a person who has an owl totem. Some owl people are clairvoyant and can see into the darkness of others souls.

I would say I am definately like both of these. Except I am not clairvoyant (I am always interested in 'ghost' type things though but have never seen one) but I can often tell what people are thinking or what they are going say just by their voice or the look on their faces. Just by intuition I can often sense things about people and I am almost always right. The dream thing is very true for me too. I have very vivid, weird dreams and I remember them.

I have one brother who is a year and half older than me. We don't talk or keep in touch. We don't have anything in common except that we are related. We don't hate each other or not get along or anything- it is just like there is no connection.

I would have to say gymnastics. My friends and I took gymnastics at the local park district and spent lots of our free time practicing outside or in my friends house. (Girl Scouts would be second runner up)

Ha! My HS was sucky really. I did take an Intro to Drama class once that was pretty fun. I had work program in my senior year and the class part was first period with nothing to do so the teacher didn't mind if we went to breakfast and cut.
Other than that, my favorite subjects were English and Science. Art class was pretty fun too.

I have heard of this. After reading the definition in Wikipedia, I would say no. I have very weird vivid dreams but no control over them at all. I wish I did have control over them than they might make sense when I wake up!
They aren't bad dreams or anything - I describe them like being 5 different movies all edited and cut up and glued together in no particular order.

Is it true that you can train yourself to be a lucid dreamer?

I just bought that book 'Your Body's Many Cries for Water'. I also have two programming books for Ruby on Rails that I will start skimming through as I start a concentrated Ruby on Rails program next month.

I have many favorites.

But I think this is my favorite:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Le-Pri...s_i377007_.htm

I have the print of this and also the The Storm by Cot.

Other artists I have on my walls are Klimt and Rossetti. I have a really nice print of Klimt's Goldfish.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Hiya queenfluff!

Hey there Amy!

It's an owl ring. I have three rings that I never take off. Two are owls. My favorite one is sterling silver and has black eyes.

Preference would be barefoot. But since it is 24 degrees here and I get cold when it is 70 degrees. I have my super toasty fluffy 'yeti' slippers on. They make me look like I have abominable snow monster feet.

Some cut up pineapple and grapes. Some veggies for dipping in a raw dip like maybe my french onion dip and also some sprouted hummus. I would also throw some 'Sheese and crackers' in there. Some organic wine or my favorite vegan ale.

Sting.

TV...but I don't watch 'regular' TV. I watch movies on Dish and stuff on the channels like Food Network, Travel and Discovery Channel.

My favorite is probably The Blue Lagoon (but because of the fantasy not the acting)

Others are:

Ever After

The Matrix

War Games

Real Genius

The Doors

....etc.etc.

Ah, so many! I used to work at the zoo with birds and those are all considered wild but I won't count those!

I have seen all kinds of birds, deer, possum, raccoons. I got to hold a Red-Tailed Hawk once. Chased a few bats out of the house.

I got up and close with some Costa Rican animals in the rainforest. Some small monkeys (I think they were Squirrel monkeys), a Boat-Billed Heron, a zillion iguanas, and bats. Plus a large snake which I almost stepped on!

Fruit is Pineapple.

Vegetable is Green Onion.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

)? do you have an SO?

what is the most complex piece of raw 'cooking' you have attempted? (they all look difficult to me :s)

)? do you have an SO?

Yes, I live with my bf and his mom. She lives on the bottom floor and we live on the top floor. It is just temporary until we move out to California.

Yes, I have SO - bf.

I think raw pies are difficult mostly because the crusts are a pain. I made a raw strawberry cream pie once - there were three parts: crust, cream part and than I had some whipped topping. I couldn't get the crust to stay together and the cream part wouldn't stay firm until I froze it.

I think once you do something a few times it becomes easy. I have several raw things I make on a regular basis that seem like no effort at all to me since I have done them many times. I could do them with my eyes closed. The first time doing them was more effort of course.

I am planning on make some "rawsage" (raw sausage) with a recipe I found in a raw book - that might be some effort! My bf considers himself the 'Rawsage King' (I got him a T-shirt that says "Rawsage King of Chicago") so it will be a challenge of sorts!

I don't really have one favorite. Too hard to pick!

For everyday stuff, I have a cute gray tee with an owl on it.

For dressier stuff, I have a really nice renaissance style hemp shirt.

I also have a fancy dark red ball gown which I wear on Halloween. That is probably my favorite thing but I can't hang around the house in that!

Yes, aside from Fluff, I have two other kitties: Pean (short for Peanut) and Woog (short for Woogums).

Pean is small and cute and a little trickster.

Woog is vocal and loud and a big oddball.

They look alike I know. But they are not even related! Pean is 13 yrs and Woog is 9 yrs. They don't even get along actually!

See pictures:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

bernard pivot's popular questions:

04. what turns you off?

10. if heaven exists, what would you like to hear god say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

hmm, not sure.....I like the word "coconut" and the word "owl".

I could never say the word "specific."

Clean green places, animals in the wild, salty warm ocean water, people who care about animals and the environment, equal rights for all species.

04. what turns you off?

Surfaces with crumbs on them, the band Rush, green beans, people who assume things about others, racism.

I have one I made up ...."Fudgy Monster". I consider it a curse word.

Ocean, my kitties meows and purrs, various bird calls.

Those 'boom' cars that have the stereo so loud your house rattles when it goes by.

Other than all my past professions, I have one another thing I would love to do. Open my own cafe/restaurant! It would be a vegan and raw food place with a fun and funky theme (probably kitty and bird related). All of the menu item would have fun names and the you would get good sized portions. No small blocks of food with sauces artfully wiggled on them for 20 bucks a pop.

My name right now is "The Woogie Cafe" - named afer my kitty Woog.

Anything where I would do customer service stuff where I would have to talk to people on the phone.

Ok, I'll pretend for a moment that I believe in God.
I want God to say something like: "I have no connection to that Bible or any of those religions on Earth. I just want you to have a good time. There are no sins or rules to follow here. Now, go and enjoy the cloud beach."

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Do you prefer tea or coffee?

What is your favorite chip flavor?

If you were to choose any famous person who you could describe is most like you, who would it be?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_0810 View Post

If you were to choose any famous person who you could describe is most like you, who would it be?

I like both but I prefer coffee. I rarely drink it any more though.

Blue Corn

Gee, I don't know any one famous so not sure who is like me. Maybe Alicia Silverstone because she is into alot of the same stuff I am (veganism, AR, Farm Sanctuary, raw foods). If you mean looks-wise, I have been told I resemble Renee Zellweger, Jewel and Meryl Streep.

·
Registered
491 Posts
what is your favorite sound?

what is your favorite smell?

who would you want to play you in a movie?

opps! sorry i just realized that asked a question that had already been asked.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi there! What do you think of llamas? Or sea cucumbers for that matter?

You said in an earlier post by the way that you're 17 (a typo, I presume) so I got confused!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post

My kitties purring

Wood-burning Fireplace

Alicia Silverstone

That's Ok. I put the answer in again and narrowed it down to my very favorite.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

what stage of ripeness do you like to eat a banana at?

what's your favorite berry?
what stage of ripeness do you like to eat a banana at?

I like my banana to be just ripe past green- no brown banana for me.

what's your favorite berry?

Strawberry

·
Registered
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapower View Post

Hi there! What do you think of llamas? Or sea cucumbers for that matter?

You said in an earlier post by the way that you're 17 (a typo, I presume) so I got confused!
Hi there!

Hi!

What do you think of llamas? Or sea cucumbers for that matter?

I love llamas. I have met several sweet llamas in my life that I given hugs to and fed. I don't know any sea cucumbers personally and I have only seen them in aquariums but any animal that keeps our oceans floors clean is an important animal indeed.

Actually the post says that my age is 37 and that I am a 17 year vegan. (not 17 years old)
If you think I look 17 though, I am not going to argue with you!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.