VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per request, the interviews are re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Gender:

Age:

Birthday:

Location:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer, Diana, veggiejanie, isowish, purrpelle, Blue Plastic Straw, OregonAmy,

Jessica Alana,Compassionate1, Jeezycreezy, Nigel, ~Wonder, Troub,Sevenseas,

Azalea, Inie,Avocado
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,217 Posts
Ooh, I get to grill the B-man!


Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, sandals, slippers or barefoot?

What would you pack for a picnic in the park with that special someone?

What's your favorite ethnic cuisine?

Marooned on a deserted isle: Which CD above all others will save your sanity?

Have you ever traveled out of the country? If so, to where? Would you go back? If not, where would you most like to travel?

What prompted your decision to study the Spanish language?

If you hear somebody you know in RL misuse the Spanish language, do you just cringe and say nothing, or go ahead and correct them?

What's the funniest thing you saw your cats do during playtime?

If the Star Wars and Princess Bride movies didn't exist, which movie(s) would be nearest and dearest to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,473 Posts
Hi Brandon!

Did you like FFXII? Last I heard, you were in Rabanastre, so I assume you're done or almost done by now.

Did you do any extracurricular activities as a child, or take lessons outside of school?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,759 Posts
Is your favorite color green?

What's your favorite fruit?

What would you put in your oatmeal?

Smoothie preferences? Thin or Thick? what fruit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
what is you favroite sound?

what is your favorite smell?

your avatar is interesting, what is it from?

if there were a movie made about you, who would play you and why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Gender:

Age:

Birthday:

Location:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)


1. No limit.

2. Male

3. 33

4. August 28 of 73

5. I live in Norman, Oklahoma. Currently, I'm at work.

6. Vegan. I've been a vegetarian since 1989, went vegan 2 years ago (as of the middle of next week)

7.I love broccoli, greens, black beans and anything salsa. Avocados are so good.

8. Hi, I'm Brandon. How are you?

9. I had several in the VB gallery but I'll have to attach one.

10. http://www.myspace.com/brandonsmyspacepage
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Ooh, I get to grill the B-man!


Kickin' around at home: Shoes, socks, sandals, slippers or barefoot?

What would you pack for a picnic in the park with that special someone?

What's your favorite ethnic cuisine?

Marooned on a deserted isle: Which CD above all others will save your sanity?

Have you ever traveled out of the country? If so, to where? Would you go back? If not, where would you most like to travel?

What prompted your decision to study the Spanish language?

If you hear somebody you know in RL misuse the Spanish language, do you just cringe and say nothing, or go ahead and correct them?

What's the funniest thing you saw your cats do during playtime?

If the Star Wars and Princess Bride movies didn't exist, which movie(s) would be nearest and dearest to you?
1. Barefoot! Flip-flops when it's warm and I'm outside.

2. Cucumber, hummus & avocado sandwiches, some Beaujolais and music.

3. Lately, it's a toss-up between Thai and Indian

4. Oh, so not fair.
My life would'nt be the same w/o Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction or Us by Peter Gabriel or The Soft Bulletin by the Flaming Lips. If you can let me know when said desertion is gonna happen, I can burn myself a CD with all necessary tracks.

5. Yes. I've been to England and Switzerland. Both of which when I was very young. I'd love to go back to the UK if the beer were vegan.


Right now, Ireland or Spain would top my travel list.

6. Spanish has been a part of my life since I was a baby. My mom used to play tapes in Spanish to me while I slept as a baby. If I have my druthers, it will never be absent. I plan on teaching my niece ASAP.

7. Depending on who it is. If it's a good friend, I will tell them the correct way and why. I'm an explainer.


8. My cats fluctuate between sleeping and being insane. Nothing is beyond the scope of possibility when regarding them.

And, for the record I love them madly.


9. Such a horrible thought! I'm a fan of the Indiana Jones trilogy but if it also didn't exist I'd say a three-way tie between Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost in Translation or I <3 Huckabees.

If we are talking documentaries, I'd have to go with Secret World Live by Peter Gabriel or The Fearless Freaks by the Flaming Lips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena99 View Post

Hi Brandon!

Did you like FFXII? Last I heard, you were in Rabanastre, so I assume you're done or almost done by now.

Did you do any extracurricular activities as a child, or take lessons outside of school?
Hey, Elena

I do like it. I've been on hiatus since some buttpipe drove his SUV through my apartment wall a few weeks ago. We are just about back to normalcy which means that I can start playing again. I'm still in Rabanastre.


As a kid, I was always reading something. Or playing video games on my Atari 2600 or my Intellivision. Tron Deadly Discs was my hero for years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

Is your favorite color green?

What's your favorite fruit?

What would you put in your oatmeal?

Smoothie preferences? Thin or Thick? what fruit?
1.




2. Tough choice! I like bananas, apples and berries a lot. Pineapple also has a special place in my palate. If it's hot, give me watermelon and I'll be your friend forever. .

3. A spoon!

4. I'll go with thick. Berries or nanners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado View Post

what is you favroite sound?

what is your favorite smell?

your avatar is interesting, what is it from?

if there were a movie made about you, who would play you and why?
1. Music! If I have to be more specific, I'll go with a woman's voice, singing.

2. Rain, or Nag Champa incense.

3. It's Wayne Coyne (from the Flaming Lips) playing a martian in their (supposedly) up and coming Christmas on Mars movie.

4. LOL. Brandon, the movie.
I'll go with Rob Morrow. Other than being taller than me, he isn't physically dis-similar to my build and he could nail my sense of humor and personality I think.

If one doesn't know who Rob Morrow is.......

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001555/#actor1990

Northern Exposure is still, imo, the greatest thing to happen to television.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,079 Posts
How handy are you with fixing things?

Are you more comfortable with a hammer and nails or a plumbing wrench?

What's your favorite dessert/sweet treat?

Do you sleep on your back, stomach or side?

Are you right handed or left handed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

How handy are you with fixing things?

Are you more comfortable with a hammer and nails or a plumbing wrench?

What's your favorite dessert/sweet treat?

Do you sleep on your back, stomach or side?

Are you right handed or left handed?
1. Sometimes I surprise myself. If it's not automotive, I'm pretty resourceful.

2. I'll go with hammer/nails. Screwdrivers are kind of kicky too.

3. Most unpopular answer of all time: I'm not really into sweets. I love fresh fruit. If I am gonna eat sweets, give me some Kreeli's vegan chocolate cake and I'll be your friend forever.

4. Generally, my side but sometimes I wake up on my tummy or my back. A lot of it depends on if I have a cat sharing my sleep space or not.

5. I'm right-handed. I can do lots of things (thank you, barber school) with my left hand but I lean North when it comes to my paws.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Describe your ideal day.

What was the strangest dream you've ever had?

Favorite line from the Tao Te Ching?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,217 Posts
Ever wish you had a dog?

How good are you at snowball-throwing and snowman-making?

Can you swim?

Willing to bet good money that when skylark discovers this thread, her entire post will be in Spanish?


If you could live in any other era, which would it be?

Do you have a favorite sport?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Describe your ideal day.

What was the strangest dream you've ever had?

Favorite line from the Tao Te Ching?
1. Thought-provoking! I tend to live in the moment, so this is interesting to consider. Let's see:

Sleep til I wake up, mid-morningish. After coffee and some freshly-sliced fruit I would go swimming for 30 minutes to an hour (preferrably in a lake or the ocean). I would then go get cleaned up, and have a nice lunch in an all vegan eatery (this is my dream so I don't have to base this in reality, right?) with a good friend. After lunch, I would go for a 5 mile run, preferrably in a natural setting. After cooling off and freshening up a bit, I would want to go music shopping, spending an hour or two just browsing.

As the day grew later, I would go and buy fresh produce and begin the prep work for dinner. I would begin cooking, and having conversation with a dinner guest or guests as I cook. Music playing in the background, probably latin jazz or some flamenco.

After dinner, guests and I would go for a few drinks, preferrably al fresco.

Some time later, the day would come to a close with hugs, kisses and "until the next" parting comments.

(If you asked me tomorrow, the answer might be different
)

2. All of my dreams are strange, surreal and vivid.

I once had a dream that my father was chasing me through a town, and trying to attack me. It somehow became one of those side-scrolling video games. I was running and jumping and grabbing things as I went.

I woke up laughing from that one.

3. This one's always been my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tzu, translated by S. Mitchell View Post

11 We join spokes together in a wheel,

but it is the center hole

that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,

but it is the emptiness inside

that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,

but it is the inner space

that makes it livable.

We work with being,

but non-being is what we use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Ever wish you had a dog?

How good are you at snowball-throwing and snowman-making?

Can you swim?

Willing to bet good money that when skylark discovers this thread, her entire post will be in Spanish?


If you could live in any other era, which would it be?

Do you have a favorite sport?
1.I do want a dog. A lot. I've been considering adopting a Boston Terrier for some time now.

2. I'm okay at both. We don't get much snow here, so I'm probably not as skilled as someone from Colorado or Alaska or something.

3. I can swim, and I love it. It's been a ridiculously long time since I've been swimming. I hope to remedy that ASAP. I've been thinking about joining the University health club for just that reason. Well, that and the indoor running track.

4. No bet. I know she will. She and I speak Spanish back and forth fairly regularly and I enjoy it every time. I wish more members here would speak Spanish with me!

5. I would love to live in Renaissance-era Spain.

I've read a lot of the literature, seen a lot of the art and it entrances me.

I would also like to be around for the 1960's/1970's as an adult, to experience the things I was too young for.

6. Favorite sport. Hmm..I love running. If running doesn't count (which it does) I'd say I enjoy rollerblading. If it's being a spectator, I do enjoy college football, diving or the luge.
 
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top