VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per request, the interviews are re-established! Interviews are a chance to get to know one of your fellow VBers better. The first interviewee was selected by popular vote. Each interviewee will then be able to select his/her successor.

Interviews will run from (approximately) Monday one week until Monday the next.

Starter questions:

Question limit:

Birthday:

Dietary Path/Reason Why::

Favorite food(s):

Brief Intro:

Picture:

Website (your own or one of your favorites)

Previous interviews can be found here:

Libellula, Tesseract, Amy SF, goettling, karenlovessnow, elibrown, Moechalatte, Ludi

Tom, MrsKey, Indian Summer, Diana, veggiejanie, isowish, purrpelle, Blue Plastic Straw, OregonAmy,

Jessica Alana,Compassionate1, Jeezycreezy, Nigel, ~Wonder, Troub

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sevenseas,

what inspires you?

What makes you cringe?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

It's SEVENSEAS.
I knew that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If you could go back in time and have a conversation with anyone in history, who would you choose to talk to?

Who has inspired you the most?

If for one day, you could choose to be a fictional character from TV, movies, a play or a book who would you be?

If you found a magic lamp with a genie in it who could grant you 3 wishes, what would you wish for (No wishing for extra wishes allowed)?

What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?

What is the answer to life the universe and everything?

What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?

You find a time machine and travel back in time and meet yourself as a child. What sage advice do you have for your younger self?

Which, if any of the following terms describe you:

A. pacifist

B. activist

C. extremist

D. idealist

E. anarchist

F. nudist

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Question limit: Uh.. I declined this interview thingy before to maintain my secretiveness about personal details and I agreed to this one on condition of maintaining it, so you won't get to know about my exact location, profession or age. But, other than that, no limit.

Birthday: sometime in April. I don't like birthdays.

Dietary Path/Reason Why:: I'm actually not a "complete" vegan but pretty close to one. Reason is AR and only AR; never cared for my health and to me, environmental reasons are reducible to AR.

Favorite food(s): soy strips with mashed potatoes.

Brief Intro: I'm proud to present, a brief.

Picture: this is me hanging out with my pals Theodore and Sid.

Website (your own or one of your favorites): http://www.satyamag.com/

http://www.allmusic.com

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

what inspires you?
Artistic/creative perception, human bareness/weakness, compassion/caring for others.

Quote:
What makes you cringe?
-Will & Grace.

-the majority of hardcore, metal, dance, country and rap music

-J.Lo, P. Diddy and a host of other worthless celebrities

-dubbing

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Why do you keep pretending not to like hummus?

What is your take on Gary Glitter?

Have you ever eaten novelty pasta?

Please fill in the blank: D_nsdale.

Fly with a hovercraft to the sun, to the sun, to the sun! Why not?

I assume English is not your first language and yet you seem to have a much better grasp of it than many who only speak Engrish. Having said that, please describe your dream dinette set.

Attention: This thread is 6 minutes old. Please consider starting a new thread.

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel View Post

Have you seen "Shakes the Clown?"
No, sorry.

Due to my location, some American cultural references may go past me.

Quote:
Are you a circus clown, a rodeo clown, or a mime?
I'm the type of clown that goes to parties to entertain kids. Except that I don't go to parties to entertain kids but lure them into sewers where I kill them.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
What did your parents say when you told them you would no longer eat lutefisk?

What do you think of ABBA?

Have you ever visited the USA? What is your unabashed opinion of America?

Just how cold does it get in Scandinavia, really? Would global warming help?

Which Scandinavian celebrities do you like? Which do you hate?

What would you pack for a picnic in a fjord?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojob1969 View Post

If you could go back in time and have a conversation with anyone in history, who would you choose to talk to?
Maybe Gandhi, as simply by talking to him I might gain a more positive/compassionate outlook on life.

Quote:
Who has inspired you the most?
I guess I haven't been especially influenced by anyone. But Tom Waits's lyrics have had a strong effect on me, Isaac Bashevis Singer's views on animals are very inspirational and there is a lot in Arthur Schopenhauer's views that I can identify with.

Quote:
If for one day, you could choose to be a fictional character from TV, movies, a play or a book who would you be?
I would be the policeman (played by John C. Reilly) in Magnolia whose love gave the drug addict woman a second chance in life.

Quote:
If you found a magic lamp with a genie in it who could grant you 3 wishes, what would you wish for (No wishing for extra wishes allowed)?
1. the first wish would be some very general wish for world peace, the end of violence and exploitation etc. 2. a house next to an ocean 3. a capacity to experience life in a manner full of awe and mystery.

Quote:
What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?
Some of the poems I've written, and the rare occasions I've done a little of AR activism.

Quote:
What is the answer to life the universe and everything?
"Newman!"

Quote:
What is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen?
(pictures of) sleeping kittens, or the whole scenery that I saw one time I walked at a snowy Christmas night without any clear idea what I was doing.

Quote:
You find a time machine and travel back in time and meet yourself as a child. What sage advice do you have for your younger self?
-"stop eating those animal products kid"

-"hey stop listening to that crap music"

Quote:
Which, if any of the following terms describe you:

A. pacifist

B. activist

C. extremist

D. idealist

E. anarchist

F. nudist
At the moment, only D. I would be considered by most to be some kind of an extremist, but I oppose the implication of the word that giving a **** about others is extreme. I tried F once, but my experiment resulted in a huge mass of innocent bystanders going in a coma

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

No, sorry.

Due to my location, some American cultural references may go past me.
You MUST see "Shakes the Clown." It was once credited as being "The Citizen Kane of Alcoholic Clown Movies."

- Do you think Wagner destroyed symphonic music?

- What 10 year period in the last 100 years put out the best music (and why?)?

- Foods famed in the US as being Scandinavian are open-faced sandwiches (with meat and cheese), butter-cookies, and pork.

What vegan foods are characteristically Scandinavian?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrum42 View Post

What's your favorite...

movie?
The Shining.

Quote:
Most of my fave songs are esoteric things no one's ever heard of, so I'll say something even a little less marginal, like the Yardbirds' 'Happenings ten years time ago'.

Quote:
Some short story collection by Ray Bradbury (preferably the dark fantasy stuff, rather than the sci-fi stuff)

Quote:
See post #7.

·
Registered
491 Posts
what is your favorite sound?

what is your favorite smell?

if you could be any animal, mythical or real, what would yo be and why?

BTW, your avatar scares the crap out of me

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Why do you keep pretending not to like hummus?
For the same reason that I "pretend" not to like marinated baby feces.

Seriously though, I'm still open to hummus trying to seduce me, but only if it's made by a good cook (read: not me or whoever creates the store brands).

Quote:
What is your take on Gary Glitter?
I grab him by the nether region and throw him around a little. (I don't know who that is though
)

Quote:
Have you ever eaten novelty pasta?
Probably not.

Quote:
Please fill in the blank: D_nsdale.
sasasasasasaD_nsdale.547854785478

See, you didn't specify that the blank was inside the word and not around it.

Quote:
Fly with a hovercraft to the sun, to the sun, to the sun! Why not?
Jay8, I said to you earlier that I'm all out of batter.. batter.. batter.. what is the word? Functional atrophy, yes.

Btw, that's a ****ing excellent question, how did you come up with something so brilliant?

Quote:
I assume English is not your first language and yet you seem to have a much better grasp of it than many who only speak Engrish. Having said that, please describe your dream dinette set.
I bet the Engrish-speakers didn't have to verify what 'dinette set' means.

But as to your question Hanna, the table is a large chessboard where each white square has a blinking human eye staring at you. The table legs are shaped as musical notes and they're of different lengths so stuff keeps falling off the table. The seven chairs are shaped as dark blue mermaids embracing the persons sitting on them, each having a curious smirk on her face.

Quote:
Attention: This thread is 6 minutes old. Please consider starting a new thread.
Fair enough, this discussion will continue in "Slut for Power MCMXXMM: JeezySlut"

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
From where do you get your desire to debate?

What are some Scandinavian references you wish Americans got?

How many languages do you speak? How many are useful in your life?

What about The Shining do you like best?

Apart from AR, what about the world do you think should change?

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

What did your parents say when you told them you would no longer eat lutefisk?
I've never eaten lutefisk, for which I'm thankful.

Quote:
What do you think of ABBA?
Some of their songs are ok, although they would be much better if one kept the melodies but changed all the backgrounds and synth/disco stuff etc. I like 'Money money' especially.

Quote:
Have you ever visited the USA? What is your unabashed opinion of America?
Never visited, would really like to though.

I am very interested in American culture, but mostly because of the illusionary, idealized aspect of it - the idyllic small American town, for example, that may not exist (as I imagine it) in reality. I like the way that Americans are more extroverted (than the people here), more open and expressive etc., although it has its downsides too. Most of the American political system seems depressing to me, since I come from a much more left-leaning society.

Quote:
Just how cold does it get in Scandinavia, really? Would global warming help?
I'm bad at remembering the top temperatures, and since Scandinavia is a large area I don't know how much variation there is in temperature in different countries. I only know that compared to Russia, where I live is a summer paradise
Global warming might help but I think a lot of clothes and staying indoors are better solutions to the problem.

Quote:
Which Scandinavian celebrities do you like? Which do you hate?
I don't really know that many Scandinavian celebrities, I generally feel the whole area is not very rich culturally compared to some other places *ducks some possible tomatoes from some other VB Scandinavians*. Ingmar Bergman and Björk come to mind though, of people whose work I like. I hate most of the dancepop acts coming from Sweden, think the black metal scene in Norway is uninteresting and hate the band HIM from Finland.

Quote:
What would you pack for a picnic in a fjord?
Chocolate soy milk, lots of it. And hmm, soy strips (they're good anywhere!)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I am very interested in American culture, but mostly because of the illusionary, idealized aspect of it - the idyllic small American town, for example, that may not exist (as I imagine it) in reality.
Small American towns do exist, and some of them have very little negative (or anything) going on. Others are just weird. I have frequent contact with both kinds.

How do you envision this idyllic small town? If you offer more detail, some of us may be able to give you pointers on where to find it. How do you define "small"? I live in a city of 25,000. I have frequent contact with people in towns 10,000 and smaller, but I grew up near a city of 80,000.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.