VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I became vegetarian my bp was 210/115, and not knowing my resting heart rate.Now seven years later,only eating a little cheese now and then with most of my diet coming from veggies,fruits and grains.My bp is 110/70 and resting heart rate of 58-60 not bad for a 49 year old man.My weight has only changed around 5-7 pounds.And I am a smoker, with no health problems.So the bottom line is what is killing us here in North America is the food we eat.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffron6420 View Post

And I am a smoker, with no health problems.So the bottom line is what is killing us here in North America is the food we eat.
I want to say something, but I won't. But I already did.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
congrats on the diet changes, but......you know the quitting smoking would help your body be even healthier!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMTL View Post

I want to say something, but I won't. But I already did.
I know. "Healthy smoker" is an oxymoron.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your post could have been written by me (almost) I'm a fourty-eight year old smoker who's blood pressure is, as of five minutes ago 99/68. Smoking is really my only health foible. I'm really careful about what I eat and stay pretty active which I'm sure helps, but to be honest, all of the girls in my family have great bp and cholesterol counts naturally. One thing I'm not so sure about is my resting heart rate of 81. I just looked that up to find out whether that's good or not-so-good and according to the chart I found it's below average for my age. Hmmmmm......

Anyone know what it could mean to have great bp but with a "below average" heart rate?....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts