VeggieBoards banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It could be that Cadbury has factories in both England and France, and maybe elsewhere, and moves it's production around to get either the biggest EC grant or the cheapest labour, or maybe the French tax is more favourable this year.<br><br>
I'm going to write back to them, in a postal letter this time and tell them what I think of their standard of letter writing as well.<br><br>
[Pathetic]

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Why help them. Were they considerate when they changed the formula? Why help them stay in business by giving them free marketing information? Make your own chocolate. But non-vegan companies out of business.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The idea is for them to stop using/buying butterfat and go back to veg oil.<br><br>
Or get bad publicity.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i'm going to help them because i believe it'll make a bigger difference if they keep it vegan than if they dont and we just dont buy it.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by soilman</i><br><br><b>Make your own chocolate.</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
I'd love to. Do you have a recipe for that?<br><br><br><br>
I believe in the power of complaining.<br><br>
Supermarkets have a rule that says:<br><br>
If one customer complains, means that ten customers think the same but dont dare to say.<br><br><br><br>
Lesson: the silent customer takes its business somewhere else.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i agree it's much better to try to make them keep making a vegan product than to sit back and watch them add unvegan ingredients to it, thereby increasing the amount of animal suffering caused by the company and it's many consumers.<br><br><br><br>
isn't that the point of veganism? to not sit by and let animals suffer and listen to big corporations tell us what's good for us?

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block"><i>Originally posted by Kitzy</i><br><br><b>i emailed them, and just got the standard reply. hopefully if enough of us email them they'll reconsider!</b></div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
Give us the email adress, brandname, productname and the name of the place where you can buy them.<br><br><br><br>
I'll send them three.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
<a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><br><br><br><br>
Bournville (plain chocolate , made by Cadbury)<br><br><br><br>
available at virtually every supermarket, sweet shop, petrol station, all those places that sell brand name chocolate bars and candies.

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
I've re-read the thread and I think they changed to butterfat because it's cheaper.<br><br><br><br>
With new European law they are allowed to exchange chocolate fat by butterfat.<br><br><br><br>
So it's all about the money. (as usual)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts