VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Amy's No Chicken Noodle soup... it is one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted.

Morningstar Farms Chicken recipe starters... so disgusting!

Pacific brand vegetable broth

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Holy cow, this thread has me rolling with laughter!

1. Yves vegan mac & cheese - This had no resemblance to a cheese taste. I ate it but I was not happy about it.

2. Tofutti Better then Cream Cheese - I don't know who came up with that name because it is not better then cream cheese. It tastes like what I think paste would taste like, the kind of paste kids used to eat in grade school.

3. Any vegan cheese - tastes like some combination of barf with chemicals. Nutritional Yeast FTW!

4. Bocan Vegan Burgers - What are these things? They are like soggy dog biscuits in a circular formation. No amount of condiments or lettuce made it better, I ended up throwing the one away I was trying to eat, along with the entire box. Nasty!

5. Rice Milk - I have tried many times to enjoy this beverage and I cannot. I feel like drinking rice is just wrong and pouring rice water on my cereal does not make for a a tasty treat. Silk Soy Milk is so much creamier and better.

6. Tempeh - It never fails, yearly I try to buy this stuff and do something with it. Every year I gag over it and throw the entire thing away. The aftertaste could gag a maggot as the old saying goes...is there anything that can be done to make this stuff taste good?

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head but I know there is much more that I have gagged over. I definitely can say that experimenting with vegan foods has been a challenge.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

[*]Amy's Black Bean Burrito
I think composting is a great idea. I just don't want to eat it in a tortilla.
I love to eat that compost

Really bad vegan things I can think of right now:

- vegan cheeses (yuck)

- any mock meat

- Amy's soups

- soy yogurt (any brand I tried)

- hmmm, Earth Balance is far too salty (I used to eat unsalted butter before I turned vegan, so it was quite a change)

- President's Choice chocolate soy milk (too sweet)

- Tofu-to-go or whatever it is called (I tried strawberry flavor and just found it really disgusting)

- any vegan product that has mushrooms in it

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I would like to point out to Mr Torenthal James (Creezy for those who ain't in the know) how many times Tofutti better than cream cheese was listed in this thread..and it's only on page two. BOOYAH!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissy View Post

Amy's No Chicken Noodle soup...
Blech! Yeah. It was like what real chicken soup would taste like after being processed by a baby and scraped out of its Pampers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

I would like to point out to Mr Torenthal James (Creezy for those who ain't in the know) how many times Tofutti better than cream cheese was listed in this thread..and it's only on page two. BOOYAH!
More for me, I say Jesserka Alamo! I loves it!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
1. I can't remember what Silk coffee-esque thing it exactly was (I do believe it was this crap) but it tasted like liquefied library paste. Luckily, it was on sale and wasn't a huge container, but it stayed in the fridge after that first drink. There was no coffee flavor whatsoever. Just ick.

2. Pretty much any Boca product. There are a few products that don't taste gross, but 90 percent of that line is not fit for eating.

3. Most Worthington products. Someone bought them for me at the store because they thought they looked "interesting" but um. No. If it's in a can, I don't want it.

4. Lightlife soy "lunch meat"

Yeah. I actually ate this crap.. I couldn't find tofurky slices (silly me overlooked them for the past several times at the store!) and picked up a couple of packs of this and what a mistake. It's just plain nasty and flavorless.

5. Soy "cheese"

I haven't tried most soy "cheeses", but the ones I have had are worse than the dairy equivalents, ie the individually-wrapped slices. But all the soy "cheese" I can get around here is not worth eating.

6. Amy's black bean soup

It was more like black bean puree without any spices whatsoever, thus being flavorless and like watery mud. I guess it's good if you're sick and can't handle spicy, but the taste might make you sick.. again.

7. Tempeh.

I just don't know what to say. I tried it yesterday for the first time (mmm. fried foods.) and it was not what I was expecting. I'll stick with my tofu, thanks.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Several people mentioned Amy's No Chicken Soup. I'm not that crazy about it myself, but it's not a "gross" product for me. I actually have a can of it in my pantry for an emergency for when I'm sick, because when I've got a bad head cold, I can't taste anything anyway. And obviously real chicken soup is out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1. Merry Hempsters Lip balm Peppermint flavor, taste like old fish

2. Eden Soy soymilk

3. Silk chai tea- too may spices

4. soy cheese

5. soy Yogurt, any brand

·
Registered
344 Posts
In no particular order:

Lightlife veggie "meat" slices: dirty socks soaked in bodily fluids smell better.

Mr. Natural bakery products: Maybe it was the day I went, but it tasted like they mistook flour for sugar and decided to bake everything for 89 hours.

Tahini: I can only take small amounts in hummus.

Peanut Wonder: Trying hard to be peanut butter and failing miserably.

Boca burgers: Taste too beefy with no real flavor. Yuck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt Fink View Post

7. Road's End Organics Dairy-Free Mac & Chreese - The box it came in would've had more flavor. It's crap like this that makes people think vegan food is gross and boring. That's really all that can be said about this sad waste of resources...
I love that stuff (another piece of evidence that not all tastebuds are created equal). I just never make it like the package says. I usually add tomato paste, vegan sour cream, earth balance margarine, and some salt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
boca vegan burgers - so disgusting I couldn't finish one covered in soy cheese and condiments

soy cheese- tofutti AND vegan gourmet - tofutti in small doses disgused in a sandwhich, vegan gourmet- I tasted one bite, spit it back out, and it stayed in the fridge until it molded over.

osoy yogurts- like fermented garbage

any soy hot dogs- just disgusting, taste and texture, ugh.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
no no no! vegan boca burgers are great! especially on a Food for Life bun with a thick slice of tomato, baby spinach, ketchup, spicy mustard and relish!

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Yeah, I'm another that doesn't get the Boca bashing, and I LOVE tempeh too - no accounting for taste I guess...

As far as bottom 10?

1.) Almost every "Amy's" product ever made: The chili is disgusting, watery, gummy, filled with weird spices yet lacking ANY heat or flavor (plus it has kidney beans which I despise!). The microwaveable products all have weird chemical-y tastes. The BBQ sauce and ketchup taste like weak, watery tomato sauce...I could go on...

2.) Nasoya.

3.) Yves slices (they all taste the same to me - like rubber).

4.) rice milk

5.) molasses (not specifically a veg*n product but it seems we use it more than the average person and I cannot STAND the stuff!)

6.) agave nectar - sorry, I drove 45 miles, spent 12$ and the stuff tastes like... weak sugar water with a really weird aftertaste. Big disappointment.

7.) bananas. Again, not specifically veg*n, but it seems they're the most often suggested substitute for eggs and fats in baked goods. I hate the taste. I can taste them no matter how they're disguised, no matter how much the recipe claims otherwise. Why would I corrupt perfectly good baked items by adding bananas?

8.) Vegan cheeses.

Hmmm... I usually like most things, if I come up with anything else I'll add it.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts