VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Thalia, I don't know for sure that the fact that bosco was pulling our chains is sufficient reason to close down the thread he started. It sounds like it might be a legitimate topic for discussion as a "what-if" scenario. So he presented it as if it were an "it is now happening" scenario. So he forgot to say "what-if." So what?

Why not continue having fun with the debate?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just read the whole thread. Looks to me like he was just a disrespectful person, whether he acknowledged it or not, (to women and veg*ns). I mean, I really don't mind if Omni's are on the VeggieBoards..but at least be honest when you come here. Don't try to put a contraversial faux situation out there just to ruffle some feathers and see just who you can get a rise out of. Seems to me that's all he was trying to do. Me personally, I'm not that interested in hearing anymore he may have had to say. I agree with Thalia.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Well actually I wanted to talk about it more, too. I closed it down bc his last post was really nasty and I wanted to just prevent any comment from those who saw it and get into a big nasty flame you right back thing. (basically, don't feed the troll)

But anyway, I kinda wonder if he wasn't pulling our chain, that he was just really upset over the situation with his girlfriend. Plus, I think we all were really nice and tried to be helpful whether it was real or not.

Either way, it's important to think of it from the other's pov.

I had a boyfriend at one time who probably felt similar. I'll have to remember that next time I date an omni.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Thalia, I was setting the stage to turn him into a mere ghost of a man, grovelling for mercy from me, as I pulled the carpet out from under him, but my opportunity to do so was removed.

By the way, I suspected early on that he was pulling a hoax. There is sometimes more opportunity to reveal it if you don't accuse the hoaxist right away, but instead wait for an opportunity to throw them a curve that causes them slip up and reveal it themselves.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thalia

Well actually I wanted to talk about it more, too. I closed it down bc his last post was really nasty and I wanted to just prevent any comment from those who saw it and get into a big nasty flame you right back thing. (basically, don't feed the troll)
Hehe I was faster and sneaked in an answer. When I noticed that you deleted his post I even had time to edit mine to remove most of my post. I was not planning to feed him, rather to feed ON him

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by soilman

Well Thalia, I was setting the stage to turn him into a mere ghost of a man, grovelling for mercy from me, as I pulled the carpet out from under him, but my opportunity to do so was removed.

By the way, I suspected early on that he was pulling a hoax. There is sometimes more opportunity to reveal it if you don't accuse the hoaxist right away, but instead wait for an opportunity to throw them a curve that causes them slip up and reveal it themselves.
sorry your fun was ruined, soilman. it isn't really conducive to the smooth running of a message board, though. thalia did the right thing.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I agree with Soilman that even though Bosco's thread was a hoax, it did raise some interesting points. However, I also agree with Thalia's decision to lock the thread.

I think the veg*n dating an omni topic has been pretty well covered in the Dating Vegans Only thread anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.