*locks credit card in safe*

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Runs to find one on google!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Damn... it is in Winter Park.... too far...

I wonder if the online store will have bargains too?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Well that sucks, i don't freaking like the stupid electronic books and a refuse to switch over to them, i hope all book stores don't end up going out of business, i like my paper books.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I hate seeing a big company like this go under... sadly .. the "digital age" may cause more booksellers to go out of business as well. I love books....

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
According to the website: online deals include,

Paper backs: buy one get one half off, code: bogo.

And 'everyday low prices' up to 48% off 1000's of books.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Perhaps the deals with get better closer to the closings... I can get used books way cheaper....

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
i doubt paper books will go anywhere in our lifetime. but finding a book online is faster and costs way less, thats why book stores will soon all go

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Which is a pity, because I like walking into a bookstore intending to get one book, and walking out three hours later with more books than I can carry.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I could spend days in a bookstore!!
There is a Half Price Books store down the road... I haven't gone in there because I can't really afford to buy any books other than the ones at the thrift shop for a dime...

·
Banned
2,385 Posts
well i am sure the second hand book stores will stay for a while. which is good, i like them. thats how i get all my fiction books

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Well that sucks, i don't freaking like the stupid electronic books and a refuse to switch over to them, i hope all book stores don't end up going out of business, i like my paper books.
I love paper books and browsing for hours in bookstores. I don't want them all to close.
I don't understand the whole digital book thing. There's just something special about the experience of cracking open a real book that has that real books smell and turning the pages. Second hand bookstores are cool but they often don't have a very large selection or variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

Perhaps the deals with get better closer to the closings... I can get used books way cheaper....
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. I heard stories from when they initially started closing a few stores from people that stopped in a few weeks before they officially closed. They ended up with carts of books, cds, movies, promo posters, etc that were dirt cheap.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
It's a lot of people out of a job, that's a huge problem we're having, i feel like more technology equals less jobs, and if we are going towards that then we need to make our society into one where people don't need to work to thrive.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Yeah, there will be a huge number of people out of work... that is the saddest thing about businesses closing. There are already so many empty storefronts around here.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
And how many small, local, independent bookstores did Borders put out of business?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
People get mad at bigger businesses but every small business aims to become bigger and bigger, they all started small and are all competing against each other.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts