VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Guess what I purchased this morning, and guess what I learnt this afternoon!

It appears there was/is a recall on booja booja chocolate due to milk trace contamination. The notice was issued in may, but looks like it could be an issue still according to the website.

http://www.boojabooja.com/default.asp (left side bar)

I'll give mine to my fil I think, I got them this morning to show how good vegan chocolates can be, he doesn't need to know that with these that might not be the case.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I have never tried any of their products, as they are very expensive. You must be made of money, puddin. Are the chocolates in an individually hand painted box? Or is that only for the truffles?.

·
Registered
888 Posts
The traces must be minute as the vegan society haven't withdrawn their endorsement, most likely the milk traces came from using shared manufacturing equipment. I'd say they are still vegan but whether to eat them or not is personal preference.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

I have never tried any of their products, as they are very expensive.
agreed. actually, in a health food shop near me they sell tiny tubs of one flavour ice cream (think cinema or theatre sized carton) for £1.70 and i get it as a treat sometimes. nicest. icecream. ever. but no way worth £7 for a proper tub!

I am glad the company was so honest. it wouldnt phase me tbh, as i dont sweat "may contain traces of" products, but I guess a blanket recall makes more sense - someone with allergies might not bother reading the back if theyve had them dozens of times before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.