VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I can not tell you how much I loved this show when I was little. It was this goofy tradition to watch it most days with my dad. My sister and I argued all the time about which was the best game. She went for the ever popular Plinko, while I preferred "Switcheroo" with the price tags and the big-ass buzzer. (we both liked the mountain climber though, especially when he fell off the mt. peak).

He's done a lot of work with pet welfare.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
He said he'd take on a movie role if the right one came along, but filmmakers, take note: "I refuse to do nude scenes. These Hollywood producers want to capitalize on my obvious sexuality, but I don't want to be just another beautiful body.''
This cracked me up.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

This cracked me up.
As a heterosexual male I would hazard to say that Mr.Barker has aged quite gracefully.

And up to a few years ago he was still bangin' the Price is Right models.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Oh my.
I was explaining to IS this evening, the slice of Americana that is The Price is Right, and mentioned the Barbie Doll models. It's definitely not the most pc of shows.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You used to watch this when you were little... This show is STILL the highlight of my afternoons on the rare occasion that I watch TV back at my parents house. I remember the last time I watched it I was actually wondering when Bob was going to call it quits. I wonder who is going to take over for him. It's going to be a very hard position to fill.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Its a good news/bad news story. Barker is leaving the Price is Right, but he'll have more time to work on animal rights issues. He may be doing a movie, but he won't do nude scenes. I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
648 Posts
He's a good man and loves animals. He stopped hosting beauty pageants after they refused his request to stop giving furs to winners. I liked Plinko the best, too.

·
Registered
0 Posts
My Mom told me about this...She was upset..she loves the show been watching it forever..hehe..Funny I have only seen it a few times and never from the beginning...hehe...love that BB is sooo into animal issues and mentions spay and neutering daily...I liked him in Happy Gilmore too...Thanx for the info about beauty pagents I had no idea and respect him sooo much for that.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
The last show is in June, according the USA Today.

Thanks for posting the link, Michael. The "fake out" trick still makes me giggle, even as a grown up.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ooh good. I still have time to gather my strength.

Quote:
10. The $100 bill he kept in his pocket. When someone in the opening game bid the exact right price, Bob would reach into his pocket and produce a reward of 100 bucks. So Grandfatherly, so warm. We imagine the bill smells like Werther's Originals and pipe tobacco.
Werther's Originals and pipe tobacco.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts