VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that I am really unsure about... I was browsing a board of one of my favorite bands and discovered that most of the members had actually met each other
,like after they began posting for a while (I don't know how long). I want to know if this is a regular thing, like if people really actually meet each other when they are active members on a board somewhere... how do they do that? Is this a common thing for boards to do, to make real-life friends with each other after a long time of posting?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I've met 15-18 VBers. I don't remember the exact figure. That's a much lower number than some here.

BTW, I'm moving your thread to the Veggie Patch.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've never met anyone off of here, but on a board for a band that I've been on for about three years I've met about 10 of the people on there, and some of them I meet up quite regularly to go shopping in London or something.

I don't think it's something every board does, I'm on others and haven't met anyone, it just depends how things go and how friendly you are with the other members.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

I'm actually hairless from the neck down. Someone just didn't like what I had to say about something (that's a shocker!!) and called me a "hairy abortionist feminist." I found it amusing. The full title is in my profile.
Oh. Well I'm hairy from the neck down. Heh heh.

What did you say to make them call you that?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

OOH LIKE ME! Except i'm broke. And a nonbeliever. That's okay, though, right? We can still play monopoly and stuff.
Sure, and I promise not to smack you with my Bible. Let me gather up my Amish buddies and we'll hop on our wagon and be at your place in 3 weeks. Then you can amaze us with your indoor plumbing and microwave.

I'm broke too. I blame student loans and the fact that things cost money. Where in Michigan is you? Maybe I can swim over so we can play some strip scrabble.

~Wondre

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Wonder View Post

Sure, and I promise not to smack you with my Bible. Let me gather up my Amish buddies and we'll hop on our wagon and be at your place in 3 weeks. Then you can amaze us with your indoor plumbing and microwave.

I'm broke too. I blame student loans and the fact that things cost money. Where in Michigan is you? Maybe I can swim over so we can play some strip scrabble.

~Wondre
WOOHOO so we can look, we just can't touch? I'll see you in PMs in about two minutes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I forgot to add this to my post earlier.

Quote:
Is this a common thing for boards to do, to make real-life friends with each other after a long time of posting?
I don't know if it's common, but I have experienced it. I have become very close with a small handful of individuals on this boards, and I am forever grateful. They are true friends.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts