VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I mentioned the nummy blueberry brownies, I've had two nice board members asking for the recipe. I thought I'd post it here for everyone. Enjoy!

This recipe came from Veggie Life Magazine.

They are vegan and moist and deliciious!

Blueberry Brownies

1 cup applesauce

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1/4 cup unbleached white flour

1/3 cup cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't use them!)

1/2 cup fresh or frozen bluberries (I used frozen)

Cooking Spray

1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 8-inch square baking pan. In a medium mixing bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.

2. In another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combinded. Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky. Let cool completely before slicing.

Vegan, per brownie: 80 cal (20% from fat), 2g protein, 2g fat (<1sat), 15g Carbs, 208 mg sodium, Omg Chol. 1.4g fiber

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks VeggieAnn, I did not even know of their existence and I am printing the page. A lot like the cherry brownies a friend made (sub sour pie cherries)

I guess that you would choose frozen! I made a lemon pudding cake with a blueberry topping from Voluptuous Vegan. Fresh blues were over $5.00 for a squatty little box (I love my bushes).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for posting it! I was one of the ones who asked. I love blueberries! I will not use walnuts as well due to allergies! I also plan on using carob powder over the cocoa powder.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey I made the blueberry brownies as soon as I got home lastnight. I think they are wonderful. My brother thinks they are-interesting.

But they really are great. Very moist and the cocoa and blueberry flavour really adds some depth and richness.

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.