VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ok..so i live off wholesome whole foods. its what i love. regardless of health, i just LOVE my fruit, veggies, rice, wholewheat etc and the occasion chunks of chocolate.

im also always satisfied. i have to remind myself to eat.

but in the past week...ive been craving things. not sugary things even. just..starchy things i guess. specifically white bread. it sounds silly..but it doesn't feel normal. i know people go through food fads and like something in particular, and i do that with the rest of them. but this is literally like...waking up in the middle of the night and NEEDING it. i dont eat much of it coz i figure that'd make it worse. and ive kept the whole foods business.

im eating plenty of carbs, plenty of fats and just recently made sure i was getting more protein. its driving me insane. ive never really had 'cravings' for anything and this just hit me suddenly and never left.

and its like when your blood sugar gets too low. that feeling? yeah. its there until i eat it. even if before hand i eat something better.

any advice...??

·
Registered
292 Posts
my post won't be much help, but:

I get the same thing.. it started off like yours, where I would have an intense craving for starchy or carby foods... now It's progressed to a super strong sugar craving, which is odd since i don't have a sweet tooth whatsoever.

Have you ever had your blood sugar tested?? It might be an idea.

Apart from that, I don't know.... but if the craving goes away when you eat the food, maybe you should just carry on satisfying the craving. A craving is a sign that your body is in need of something.

Sometimes craving carbs can be a sign that your protein intake is too low.. i know you said you eat enough protein, but you could try eating even more- protein needs vary a lot between individuals (or so i have heard).

Hope you get it sorted

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks raddish!! i hope you figure out yours too!!

its just so weird. ive NEVER 'craved' certain foods apart from occasional random things momentarily. and this is literally like..a shaking feeling. literally like i haven't eaten in hours, even when i have. but im eating more htan ever before. and better food than ever before. and nothing seems to be missing. but it won't go away. ive got it right now infact. aaaa.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Did any of you test if your blood sugar level was decreased? Please do so, because otherwise you don't know if low blood glucose is reason or not!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts