VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blog

Definition

A frequent, chronological publication of personal thoughts and Web links.

Information

A blog is often a mixture of what is happening in a person's life and what is happening on the Web, a kind of hybrid diary/guide site, although there are as many unique types of blogs as there are people.

People maintained blogs long before the term was coined, but the trend gained momentum with the introduction of automated published systems, most notably Blogger at blogger.com. Thousands of people use services such as Blogger to simplify and accelerate the publishing process.

Blogs are alternatively called web logs or weblogs. However, "blog" seems less likely to cause confusion, as "web log" can also mean a server's log files.

Synonyms

web log

I've are also heard people refer to them as online journals

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I have LJ, and I update it a few times a week, usually. I have a Pitas blog that I rarely update. ^^;; I mostly keep it so I can make pretty layouts for it. XD

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ceryna

I have LJ, and I update it a few times a week, usually. I have a Pitas blog that I rarely update. ^^;; I mostly keep it so I can make pretty layouts for it. XD
I just took the colour test i'm blue yay!

Gorgeous photos is that you ceryna?

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bennyonacid

I have a diary on my website, but it isn't really a blog as other people contribute towards it as well (like yourselves, please feel free to add to it what you are up to today, interesting facts, thoughts, jokes, etc):

http://www11.brinkster.com/digitalbiscuit/diary.asp

I also had one going with some mates for the Soccer World Cup in 2002:

http://www.geocities.com/worldcupjournal/

A good friend of mine has a few blog's too. They are cool.
Feel free to add comments to mine too, its a new feature that hasn't really been used yet

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blueserendipity

I just took the colour test i'm blue yay!

Gorgeous photos is that you ceryna?
On the blog? That's Hamasaki Ayumi, my favorite Japanese pop idol. ^_____^

I wish I looked like her, but sadly, I do not. ^^;;

·
Registered
0 Posts
No, not more blogs, we all have enough writing to do (when we're supposed to be working), to have to contribute to yet ANOTHER one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts