VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a Borax style bleach that doesn't test on animals? I know that Oxy Clean tests, and I just found out Borax does too. Which brings me to another question.

What's the deal with Dial (Borax) saying they don't test: linky

and PETA saying they do: linky

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you talking about facial hair bleach or regular hair bleach? I tend to have darker hair, so I'm in the market for cruelty-free bleach myself...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Country Save non-chlorine bleach powder is not tested on animals. It's not widely available, however. They used to carry it at Kroger/Fred Meyer in the US, but I have to go to the co-op to get it now.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post

What's the deal with Dial (Borax) saying they don't test: linky

and PETA saying they do: linky
The first link really only says that Dial Complete (TM), a liquid soap/personal cleansing product, is not tested on animals. It does not say anything about the animal testing done on other products in other product categories (e.g., Laundry Care products).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know this is an old post but I'm hoping this information will reach someone who needs it. The brand Live For Tomorrow is located in Canada. They are certified Leaping Bunny cruelty free, vegan, and palm oil derivative free. They sell bleach, laundry, cleaning products, etc. So hopefully that will help someone who's in search of a good brand. Also, for the record, I am someone who only purchases cruelty free and vegan products and palm oil derivative free when possible. And when a company is approved by Peta, I still do my own research when it comes to verifying their cruelty free status. Because Peta's only real requirement when checking if a brands is cruelty free or not is asking them if they can testify that they are actually cruelty free. And I am speaking for myself when I say that it wouldn't surprise me if some companies lied. Have a great day everyone! 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts