VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently went to Burger King and got their veggie burger and it was so gross tasting, has anyone else had one? I dunno it was nasty tasting.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
I was never a particular fan, but I've not had it since the reformulation, since it's not vegan anymore. Here in the UK, they have a "spicy bean burger", that appears to be vegan, but I'm not sure about the bun. All in all, there are other places to go for me to grab a quick bite. I do wish though that the veg-burgers tasted better so that the mainstream could see that veg food can be tres yum.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The bean burger is vegan (with no cheese duh)... its not classed as vegetarian on the menu cause some places cook it in the same oil as the fish. i go in at wierd times and have never heard anyone get a fishburger. i like the beanburger though, mmmm beans. shame they dont do it with a kiddie meal haha

·
Registered
516 Posts
Never tried it, and I do not plan to.

They usually cook it with the meat burgers - I have been told. And last time I checked, their buns are not safe. Not sure of the situation anymore though.

~Austin~

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've only had the veggie burger, and it was nasty! I haven't had it since they reformulated it though, and I won't eat one... I'm vegan and I would rather eat lettuce instead of those gross burgers!

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
I don't think it's bad but it's nothing special. I'd rather have a Whopper without meat.

Quote:
They microwave their veggie burgers.
Do they do that automatically now? Last I heard (which was quite a while ago) you sometimes had to ask them to do it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Interesting... Nice to know.

However, I still do not think that I would eat one, especially not from a restruant like BK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried it once and liked it the first time but now everytime i get one there's always a big, leathery, dried up mushroom in the middle of the burger. X(

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
The microwaving is cool for keeping the burger clean, but I'm not sure it would improve the taste quality, since it would tend to be mushier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BK veggie burgers are different in every country. The worst IMO is in Canada (2001) Very much like a meat burger... soggy... grey... YUCK . i couldn't eat it!

The best, NZ (2003). They just put onion rings on their burger YUM.

Australia used to be 2nd best but i don't like the fact they now come one a stale old bagette instead of a whopper bun. They always put too much mayo on them too... but i guess you can't expect BK to be made with love!

mcDonalds have never got the whoel veggie burger thing right. They try and make a veggie burger a "health" food item, and then it sucks... when really any vegetarian after health food, the last place they will go is McDonalds! What we want is a nasty unhealthy vegetarian alternative to a cheeseburger for hangovers etc! LOL. BK seem to get that.

I put dates in case they have changed since i tried them, my experience was valid when i was there

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
I tried it when I had no other options in Michigan (went there for a wedding). It was nasty. I took one bite and stopped eating it. I like Morningstar Farms, but this patty in particular isn't my favorite. Why doesn't any place carry grillers? they're so much better!

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
I love it. I tend to go to Burger King once a week or more. I don't care for the toppings they put on by default, so I always get mine topped with ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions.

I've had some on occasion that didn't taste good, or were way overcooked and tough on the edges... that usually happens if I order one from somewhere new that doesn't have any experience making them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just as a side note: The onion rings share a frier with chicken and other meat items. Check out the BK nutrition site for more.

~Austin~

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I eat the BK veggie burgers when I'm on the way somewhere and don't have time to go home and make myself food. They're fairly good, but I wouldn't eat them at every meal. They always microwave them here. Sometimes the edges get a little tough, but that's a hazard I'm willing to risk.

A few weeks ago, I went through the drive-through at a local BK. The clerk told me the guys in the back were already complaining about me, and they were saying veggie burgers are stinky. I told him I once worked in a kitchen that cooked eggs, and I hated the smell of cooking eggs. If I could get used to that, the guys in the back can get used to the smell of veggie burgers, I said.

As some of you know from reading the Stupid Things Omnivores Say thread, I sent a letter to the management of that BK location to complain. I sent it the day before a big snowstorm hit the area, so for all I know they never got it. I haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

The bean burger is vegan (with no cheese duh)... its not classed as vegetarian on the menu cause some places cook it in the same oil as the fish. i go in at wierd times and have never heard anyone get a fishburger. i like the beanburger though, mmmm beans. shame they dont do it with a kiddie meal haha

I freaking love the beanburger. I go into BK and say the exact same thing each time "spicy beanburger meal no cheese with diet coke please". yaaay.

though it's annoying the veggieburger isn't vegan. I didn't like it much, but OTOH it meant I could get a KIDS MEAL!

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've had the BK Veggie after re-formulation when I got stuck in the middle of nowhere with no other food choices. It sucks. Given an identical situation in the future, I would get the Whopper with no meat, cheese or mmayo.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts