VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my first trip to Mexico City since becoming a lacto-ovo vegetarian. So far so good. Interesting how there are supposedly alot of vegetarian restaurants here in Mexico City. However, both places I have been have chicken and fish dishes included in the "vegetarian options" on the menu.

I have not had any trouble finding enough veg food to eat though.

Anybody else have this problem while traveling here or other places? Of course the chicken and fish misconception has been discussed alot on this forum.

I am traveling to Manchester, U.K. in late November. I hope finding veg*n food isnt as tough there.

11,550 Posts
i have a feeling you'll be fine in Manchester, lol.
the UK is very veggie friendly, with plenty of options, (you can even eat the mcdonalds fries- and every fast food place i've been in there always had veggie options, let alone the nicer places which you'd want to go into!) and i've found that almost all people in the UK get that fish and chicken isn't vegetarian.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Some ideas for Manchester:

http://www.happycow.net/europe/engla...ter/index.html

I don't think you'll have a problem at all. I must say though, that I do find frequently that "vegetarian" menus include fish/seafood, even here in the UK. That said, there's plenty of vegan food around too.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

(you can even eat the mcdonalds fries- and every fast food place i've been in there always had veggie options, let alone the nicer places which you'd want to go into!)
I thought they contained beef flavouring? or is that usa only?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
They are vegan in the UK. Now, we could talk about the merits of McDonalds, but well that's another thread.

11,550 Posts
Quote:
I thought they contained beef flavouring? or is that usa only?
they're veggie in england, as are the hashbrowns. over there they do a veggieburger too (called a vegetable deluxe), and grilled veggie melt sandwiches (approved by the vegetarian society don'tcha' know!) as well as a non gelatine wobblicious fruit jelly, which i think are ok (not sure if they have clourings)... and little bags of apple slices and grapes, and little bags of carrot sticks, and the garden salad... blah blah blah *i sound like a walking mcdonalds advert now*.

still not a patch on mcdonalds in india though, by the sounds of it... 6 curry based veggie options... drooooooooooooool.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses. My stay in Mexico City is going good. I am finding enough to eat. It helps that I speak spanish. I still think its funny that my coworkers ask if I eat chicken, pork, or fish.

I am glad to hear that the UK is veg friendly for my trip later this month.

I dont post here often but I am glad to know that the other forum members are very friendly and willing to help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My trip to Mexico this summer is actually when I stopped eating meat...

The meat there creeped me out. It looked weird.

Plus at the resort I stayed at, they had crab and octopus and crayfish *shudder*

1 - 12 of 12 Posts